Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combined attack and level up questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a enemy have no special sign on it so its legal to attack with both siege and range attack is it Then legal to combined siege and range attack to do more damage?

When playing solo. When i level up (Leths say to level one) and i have to those one of two upgrade. That udgrade i didnt Pick i have to set aside (not to use Any more) is the dummy leveling up at the same time AS me? And the upgrade from the dummy is let aside (face up) if the dummys upgrade just getting discarted Why do i Got to have the dummys upgrade sheet Then if its not possible for me to use the dummys upgrades?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in the range and siege attack phase you can combine both (as Siege is also range) unless the enemy is fortified

the dummy puts one of his skills in a pool, where the next time you level up, you can also pick that one (later more) instead of your two drawn
but then you need to pick the last AA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Dummiz wrote:
If a enemy have no special sign on it so its legal to attack with both siege and range attack is it Then legal to combined siege and range attack to do more damage?

When playing solo. When i level up (Leths say to level one) and i have to those one of two upgrade. That udgrade i didnt Pick i have to set aside (not to use Any more) is the dummy leveling up at the same time AS me? And the upgrade from the dummy is let aside (face up) if the dummys upgrade just getting discarted Why do i Got to have the dummys upgrade sheet Then if its not possible for me to use the dummys upgrades?

If the enemy is not fortified, then you may use any combination of Siege/Ranged in order to kill it during the Ranged/Siege combat phase. However, just to clarify, just because there is no fortification symbol on the enemy token, it doesn't necessarily mean it isn't fortified. Some sites are inherently fortified, such as keeps, mage towers and cities. All enemies defending such sites are automatically fortified, regardless of what is printed on their token.

2nd question: I haven't played solo in a while, but I'm pretty sure you set aside your unchosen skill token(s), and only the opponent's (dummy player's) is available to be chosen at a later level up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
In addition to the earlier answers, there is a spell (Circle something - I think), which allows you to use or take a skill from the offer. Even your own. So put them in the offer, just in case you get this spell later (though I don't remember if it is base game or LL).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Randor20 wrote:
In addition to the earlier answers, there is a spell (Circle something - I think), which allows you to use or take a skill from the offer. Even your own. So put them in the offer, just in case you get this spell later (though I don't remember if it is base game or LL).

Circlet of Proficiency. It's in the expansion (let's not assume all players use LL), and in order not to complicate the OP's situation, I omitted mentioning it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Range/Seige phase:
• If an enemy is double fortified (i.e. in a building + has fortified icon), you may not attack it.
• If an enemy is fortified (in a building or has a fortified icon), you may only use siege attacks.
• Otherwise you may use range + siege attacks.
(Rulebook, p. 8, first 3 bullet points)

In the (melee) Attack phase:
• You may use melee + range + siege attacks.
(Rulebook, p. 9, first paragraph)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.