Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Ice cool on sale at Marbles Brain Store(dead) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Panik
United States
New Lothrop
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
On sale for 23.99

http://www.marblesthebrainstore.com/ice-cool.htm
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ice cool on sale at Marbles Brain Store
Thanks for the heads up. I've had my eye on it at Amazon though and $5 shipping from Marbles puts it right around what it's been going for on Amazon for a couple weeks now.
I wish Myrtle Beach wasn't 2 hours away or I would see if they had any copies left in the store there. I'll drive for a deal, even so far sometimes that the savings from the deal are negated, but I don't really care to drive to the Beach this weekend.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ice cool on sale at Marbles Brain Store
EYEL1NER wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. I've had my eye on it at Amazon though and $5 shipping from Marbles puts it right around what it's been going for on Amazon for a couple weeks now.
I wish Myrtle Beach wasn't 2 hours away or I would see if they had any copies left in the store there. I'll drive for a deal, even so far sometimes that the savings from the deal are negated, but I don't really care to drive to the Beach this weekend.

It's $25.99 at Cardhaus, but you need a $125 order for free shipping.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ice cool on sale at Marbles Brain Store
Really? I had looked at MM and CSI recently but I hadn't checked CardHaus. Right on.
My sweet spot for it is $25 exact, which CardHaus almost hits, but I'm not feeling up to ordering an extra $100 worth of stuff right now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ice cool on sale at Marbles Brain Store
leo_rockway wrote:
It's $25.99 at Cardhaus, but you need a $125 order for free shipping.

and marbles brain store does not have free ship either... but flat rate $5

any case looks to be be best price assuming one doesn't go for larger free ship deals.

http://www.boardgameprices.com/prices/icecool

any case base poster, just a suggestion, see

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1417183/what-hot-deal

for suggestions of what to include in a hot deals post. hint: price (including shipping) in thread subject. also a link to the bgg game page in the base post itself is nice too

ICECOOL
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ice cool on sale at Marbles Brain Store
Dammit! I just bought Beasts of Balance about a week ago for $50. I would have loved to snatch up Ice Cool as well at that price but it hadn't dropped by then.

Also, just a heads up to anyone looking, everything regular price, I believe, is discounted 40% when it gets added to cart.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin barnhill
United States
Oxford
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ice cool on sale at Marbles Brain Store
ive been wanting to pull the trigger on beasts of balance for the kids....but i...just...can't....??

we have alot of ipad game stuffs and they dont' get played often unless i get involved. left to their own devices; the kids will just play minecraft or watch netflix/youtube.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Max
United States
Cinci
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ice cool on sale at Marbles Brain Store
justinbarnhill wrote:
ive been wanting to pull the trigger on beasts of balance for the kids....but i...just...can't....??

we have alot of ipad game stuffs and they dont' get played often unless i get involved. left to their own devices; the kids will just play minecraft or watch netflix/youtube.


Very much this. Minecraft, Roblox, YouTube, Netflix, repeat.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ice cool on sale at Marbles Brain Store
I remember when Marbles The Brain Store failed to fulfill my order of Ice Cool. It was the worst customer service experience I've had in 15 years.

Anyway, according to the link, the game is OOS again. Dead.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius van der Merwe
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ice cool on sale at Marbles Brain Store
Tuxedomouse wrote:
justinbarnhill wrote:
ive been wanting to pull the trigger on beasts of balance for the kids....but i...just...can't....??

we have alot of ipad game stuffs and they dont' get played often unless i get involved. left to their own devices; the kids will just play minecraft or watch netflix/youtube.


Very much this. Minecraft, Roblox, YouTube, Netflix, repeat.


My 8 year old daughter recently lost all of her Roblox and YouTube privileges after I accidentally discovered alarming exchanges that she had with 14 year old kids she met on Roblox. They shared with her higly disturbing anime pictures and video, some that were pornographic and others that glorify suicide. It will be many years before I will allow her free access to any online social interaction again. From now on we will play mostly board games. Be careful and know what your kids are up to. I learned that the hard way.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tesoriero
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
I remember when Marbles The Brain Store failed to fulfill my order of Ice Cool. It was the worst customer service experience I've had in 15 years.

Anyway, according to the link, the game is OOS again. Dead.


Interesting... I placed an order with them more than 2 days ago, and they haven't updated the status since the initial confirmation email.

Should I be concerned?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jtesorie wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
I remember when Marbles The Brain Store failed to fulfill my order of Ice Cool. It was the worst customer service experience I've had in 15 years.

Anyway, according to the link, the game is OOS again. Dead.


Interesting... I placed an order with them more than 2 days ago, and they haven't updated the status since the initial confirmation email.

Should I be concerned?


No particular reason to be worried. My experience was back when they had the game in stock over a month (or two?) ago.

Of course, if they were a half-way decent company, they'd offer to fulfill my order now that it's back in stock. But after having been personally insulted by customer support, I have no intention of opening that wad of hate anytime soon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin barnhill
United States
Oxford
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sciurus wrote:
Tuxedomouse wrote:
justinbarnhill wrote:
ive been wanting to pull the trigger on beasts of balance for the kids....but i...just...can't....??

we have alot of ipad game stuffs and they dont' get played often unless i get involved. left to their own devices; the kids will just play minecraft or watch netflix/youtube.


Very much this. Minecraft, Roblox, YouTube, Netflix, repeat.


My 8 year old daughter recently lost all of her Roblox and YouTube privileges after I accidentally discovered alarming exchanges that she had with 14 year old kids she met on Roblox. They shared with her higly disturbing anime pictures and video, some that were pornographic and others that glorify suicide. It will be many years before I will allow her free access to any online social interaction again. From now on we will play mostly board games. Be careful and know what your kids are up to. I learned that the hard way.



yep...it's my job to police/parent my kids; not roblox/youtube

it's alot of over the shoulder watching. lol
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They also have some other cool games for sale, particularly Pyramid Arcade highly discounted.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannah Tolle
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post. I've been wanting ice cool so I called my local store and they had 2 in stock. Woo hoo! Unfortunately, I checked out beasts of balance before I went and they had that in stock too. So now they are both at my house.... so this post really cost me
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
carnofago wrote:
They also have some other cool games for sale, particularly Pyramid Arcade highly discounted.


Can you point me to a link? I was looking for Pyramid Arcade and the search function didn't help and even going through all the games section didn't seem to work either???
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Pinckard
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
Reviews Board Games, Books, Etc.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So sorry to hear that, Sciurus. I have kids who are still a little too young to navigate the Kindle Fire on their own, but I need to be vigilant before it's too late and they've already found the dark side of the interwebs. I hope and pray that true healing comes for your family in time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone received shipping confirmation (or their games) from Marbles? I placed my order last Friday and haven't heard anything since the initial order confirmation email. I realize they might be a little backed up, but it's been almost a week now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tesoriero
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Backlash27 wrote:
Has anyone received shipping confirmation (or their games) from Marbles? I placed my order last Friday and haven't heard anything since the initial order confirmation email. I realize they might be a little backed up, but it's been almost a week now.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. They kind of leave you in the dark for a few days, but then you get updates and it will arrive. Here's my order timeline:
Weds 10/8 placed order
Sun 10/12 got email saying order is on the way
Weds 10/15 got email saying it was out for delivery
Weds 10/15 received my order
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mister lee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sciurus wrote:
Tuxedomouse wrote:
justinbarnhill wrote:
ive been wanting to pull the trigger on beasts of balance for the kids....but i...just...can't....??

we have alot of ipad game stuffs and they dont' get played often unless i get involved. left to their own devices; the kids will just play minecraft or watch netflix/youtube.


Very much this. Minecraft, Roblox, YouTube, Netflix, repeat.


My 8 year old daughter recently lost all of her Roblox and YouTube privileges after I accidentally discovered alarming exchanges that she had with 14 year old kids she met on Roblox. They shared with her higly disturbing anime pictures and video, some that were pornographic and others that glorify suicide. It will be many years before I will allow her free access to any online social interaction again. From now on we will play mostly board games. Be careful and know what your kids are up to. I learned that the hard way.


What is the world coming to?
All this evil that comes out of people's minds when they are anonymous.

For Roblox, you can disable ingame chat.
https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203314250-How-t...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.