Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game too simple? I'm looking at either this or Overseers for a drafting game. I want a game that is easy to teach, but that has enough depth that it will keep me coming back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it is too simple. The depth mostly comes from reading other people and the situation at hand to figure out what to draft. You can also plan good timing of the magic cards. However, it can be a little cutthroat but if you are fine with that, I think this is a great game to bring to the table but still has some things to think about.

I'm not familiar with Overseers so I can't compare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Grady
United States
Jacksonville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Nevermore.
My wife and I have played some good games with other couple. Light enough for good table conversation, but with enough depth to keep you strategizing what to draft, when, why, and how to play your hand. We saw one game when our opponent turned into a raven and made a great comeback to win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekDadGamer wrote:
+1 for Nevermore.
My wife and I have played some good games with other couple. Light enough for good table conversation, but with enough depth to keep you strategizing what to draft, when, why, and how to play your hand. We saw one game when our opponent turned into a raven and made a great comeback to win the game.

Just got two games of this in with the expansion. Have to say, everyone was bored. Maybe we were missing out on how to bluff or something, but it felt pretty random and chaotic. At least in games like 7W, you can draft cards that you know you will get to use. In Nevermore it's all a guess. It's okay, but I will probably be moving it on. Overseers is faster, but it does lack the card content. But, since it's faster and scratches the same itch I think it will be my choice.

Any input towards how we may have been playing poorly or wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.