Popular Tags: [View All]
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
February jobs report is out - first month fully under Trump.

According to the BLS report, "Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 235,000 in February, and the unemployment rate was little changed at 4.7 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment gains occurred in construction, private educational services, manufacturing, health care, and mining."

Similar number of new jobs as last month and February 2016. This marks the 77th consecutive month of job growth. Year-over-year change was 2.35 million jobs - solid job growth over the past year.

Here's a graphic:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A word of caution about the unemployment rate, however:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Can't wait for all of the Repubs who conveniently ignored improving unemployment numbers for the past 8 years to suddenly have an epiphany and end up thanking god-emperor Trump for all he's done for the American economy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
February jobs report is out - first month fully under Trump.

According to the BLS report, "Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 235,000 in February, and the unemployment rate was little changed at 4.7 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment gains occurred in construction, private educational services, manufacturing, health care, and mining."

Similar number of new jobs as last month and February 2016. This marks the 77th consecutive month of job growth. Year-over-year change was 2.35 million jobs - solid job growth over the past year.

Here's a graphic:

If only Trump believed the BLS numbers were real and not fabricated. Oh wait... when they're good and he's in charge he likes them. Forgot the double standard there for a second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Can't wait for all of the Repubs who conveniently ignored improving unemployment numbers for the past 8 years to suddenly have an epiphany and end up thanking god-emperor Trump for all he's done for the American economy.

And cue Republicans switching from suggesting that U-6 is the *real* measure of unemployment to using U-3 in 3... 2... 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
pdoherty wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

And cue Republicans switching from suggesting that U-6 is the *real* measure of unemployment to using U-3 in 3... 2... 1
Exaaactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When we reflect on these job numbers and employment and income gains over the past year (and more), let's not forget:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From Politifact
Quote:
Yet Obama handed Trump the reins of an economy with a 4.7 percent unemployment rate; 75 consecutive months of job growth; rising stock prices, home values, corporate profits and consumer confidence; low inflation; and, following several years of sluggish income growth, a record spike in middle-class incomes.

In 2016, increases in hourly earnings accelerated, which, when combined with increased rates of employment, helped boost overall household incomes. Real household debt is lower than it was in 2006.

"As 2016 ends, the U.S. labor market is in its best shape since the recession, with nearly every measure of the market at its most favorable level in years," economist Jed Kolko concluded in his end-of-the-year report for the jobs website Indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Here you go:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb

Hypocrites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
There was some optimism that obamacare would be repealed.

Now that it looks like that was a scam, look for economic numbers in general to decline again.

You mean like they have during the longest sustained economic recovery in decades, since ACA was passed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

Now that it looks like that was a scam, look for economic numbers in general to decline again.

Decline again?

Did you look at the graph?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In general I have found that the answer to the question: "how is the economy doing" for most people is far more dependent on their political persuasion and which party is in power than in any facts that exist in reality. Reasons for how the economy is doing also depend entirely on the same variables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

You mean the "decline" that happened since the ACA has been passed? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
None of that matters, people. I'll remind you how it works, if you've forgotten since Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, was in power.

The sitting president gets credit for the economy if it's good news. The previous president was the cause of the problems if it's bad news.

Everybody knows this. Why is everybody pretending that the Trump crew is the first crew to use this tactic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
odie73 wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

You mean the "decline" that happened since the ACA has been passed? whistle

Once again, that is not the economy.

People working is not the economy? I am wondering who is then providing the goods and services we like to buy?

Quote:
This is widely called the most sluggish recovery since the depression.

Agree. No surprise since austerity and political gridlock is not fixing a private sector debt crisis.

Quote:
Most of the jobs created have been part time, and lesser wage jobs.

So far. Wages are also finally improving.

Quote:
Only govt is showing healthy growth.

???

Quote:
As soon as six months passes and obama is out of the picture ya'll will be agreeing with me.

I highly doubt that. Not to mention that the first budget of Trump will not go in effect before October 1st. Let's talk again in 2 years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:

The sitting president gets credit for the economy if it's good news. The previous president was the cause of the problems if it's bad news.

Koldfoot wrote:

If Obamacare isn't repealed we will see the stock market lose its gains, too. And ya'll will be right there blaming Trump for the wrong reasons.

Spooky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:

Hypocrites.

I was gobsmacked when I heard him say that on the radio.

I expected the next reporter to ask Spicer if he enjoyed being an (expletive deleted) liar or if Spicer had a mental disorder and was off his meds.

How do you deal with someone who lies so shamelessly?

SHOULD you deal with someone who lies so shamelessly?

---

I went and watched the video and it's clear he's both saying it and he's grinning because he knows it's a big joke at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

Drudge already did in yesterday's major headlines.

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
None of that matters, people. I'll remind you how it works, if you've forgotten since Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, was in power.

Everybody knows this. Why is everybody pretending that the Trump crew is the first crew to use this tactic?

We know it's hopeless to expect them to be honest; we were kind of hoping the people that argue in here on their behalf could meet a higher standard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
"Prepare three envelopes ...".

But under Trump you can shorten it to one stating "You'r Fucked.".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.