The Colonists» Forums » Rules

Subject: Level II Scholar Colony and timing of card played rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Scenario:

I am it level II of the scholar colony (which allows me to play an improvement anytime I draw an improvement from a place)

I have 5 improvements in hand and go to the library. Because of the level I ability of the scholar colony I am able to draw 4 and keep two of the improvements drawn. I now have 7 improvements in hand. Do I:

1) immediately play an improvement leaving me with 6 in hand and no need to discard

or

2) discard down to 6 before I am able to play the improvement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can never have more than 6 cards. You must discard first and then you can play the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Nutt
United States
Hampden
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
However, Page 17 of rules (drawing improvements) states:
"Library and Scholar Colony special abilities allow you to exceed the hand size limit for a brief moment. Even with 6 cards in your hand, you could still use the Librarian. If you do, you must reduce your hand size to 6 cards immediately afterward by discarding cards from hand unused." Rules than go on to say: "The Library and the Scholar Colony also enhance the Librarian action for you: you get 4 cards from the draw pile, from which you may keep two, discarding the other two. Only after keeping the other cards, do you check your hand size."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.