Hide
6 Posts

Burgle Bros.» Forums » Rules

Subject: Use Thermal Bomb to access roof/helipad? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vinnie D
msg tools
The instructions for the Thermal Bomb state: "Discard to make stairs up or down from current tile. Mark with a thermal bomb token. Trigger an alarm in the player's current tile."

Safe to assume that if this is deployed on the top floor, it can be used to access the roof/helipad instead of the stairs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is positively encouraged:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ibbo wrote:
I think it is positively encouraged:

Yup, seems totally legal to me. (Disclaimer: We did it once.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It is the most epic exit. We ran into it very early - "I say we leave here."<beep> <ceiling collapses> <grappling hooks shoot up>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Bryant
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We ran into a game where we had the Thermal Bomb, used it to gain access to the roof, but the event that happened next was Time Lock. The rules pretty clearly state that this would block our access to the roof for the duration required, but the *spirit* of Thermal Bomb would seem to disregard the Time Lock. robotshake

We played the latter, knowing we were probably wrong but lusted after the notion of exploding our way to the roof. Could we get an official ruling, though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yeah the spirit is that it's a way around the time lock. It's not clear, but the stairs it's blocking are just the stairs tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.