Recommend
23 
 Thumb up
 Hide
61 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Rising Sun» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: An 8 year old girl's request: "More girl teams and perhaps a horse or a cat" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ziggi W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I showed the Rising Sun KS page to my 8 year old daughter, she was completely unimpressed with the monster minis and teams, calling it a "boring boys game".

But when she saw the Koi clan she instantly became engaged when she realized that someone could play as an "awesome girls team with cool armor and swords".
Since then she's been avidly following the KS page with me hoping for a horse mini or a cat mini, she's grown fond of some of the monster mini's out there, such as the Phoenix and Jikininki though.

So to CMON, from the words of an 8 year old future girl gamer:
"Please include more girl teams and a horse or a cat monster"


Side note:
The historical purist in me appreciates the combat appropriate armor of the Koi clan, not that infantile chain mail bikini nonsense.
65 
 Thumb up
2.75
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zigfromsa wrote:
I showed the Rising Sun KS page to my 8 year old daughter, she was completely unimpressed with the monster minis and teams, calling it a "boring boys game".

But when she saw the Koi clan she instantly became engaged when she realized that someone could play as an "awesome girls team with cool armor and swords".
Since then she's been avidly following the KS page with me hoping for a horse mini or a cat mini, she's grown fond of some of the monster mini's out there, such as the Phoenix and Jikininki though.

So to CMON, from the words of an 8 year old future girl gamer:
"Please include more girl teams and a horse or a cat monster"


Side note:
The historical purist in me appreciates the combat appropriate armor of the Koi clan, not that infantile chain mail bikini nonsense.


That warms my heart! A perfect example of how having good female representation is a positive thing.
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Avelar
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I fully agree that there should be two girl teams. 1 out of 6 is pretty bad on a ratio.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Beware the bakeneko and nekomata!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Geery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koneko was unlocked very early in stretch goals and perhaps was missed. This feline monster grants its clan extra coins whenever it is killed.

13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I want a cat, too! Good choice, daughter!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She hasn't backed the game though. So I'd rather CMoN listened to actual backers whistle

That said I'm certain one of the last 2 remaining unrevealed clans (because we all know there's going to be 8, 1 per region) will have some more women in them. But it doesn't really matter what anyone says as I'd say all the resins have already been done. So minor positional changes are probably a possibility, but re-doing resins completely maybe not.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Antivelar wrote:
I fully agree that there should be two girl teams. 1 out of 6 is pretty bad on a ratio.

I would say the breakdown is 4-1-1: Lotus clan appears to be gender-integrated, by the looks of the Bushi sculpt.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziggi W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah, she didn't notice the Koneko's cat tail, will point it out to her
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone PLEASE explain to me why can't we just have factions of mixed gender!? For 'equality' why does a company create 'girl' teams to stand out - when they should build mixed gender teams to begin with.

This makes no sense.
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yogibbear wrote:
She hasn't backed the game though. So I'd rather CMoN listened to actual backers whistle


I wouldn't, some of these backers (self included) are idiots!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Can someone PLEASE explain to me why can't we just have factions of mixed gender!? For 'equality' why does a company create 'girl' teams to stand out - when they should build mixed gender teams to begin with.

See Lotus clan, discussed above.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Geery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zigfromsa wrote:
Hah, she didn't notice the Koneko's cat tail, will point it out to her

A start at least to her list of demands, 8 year olds can be tough customers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zigfromsa wrote:
So to CMON, from the words of an 8 year old future girl gamer:
"Please include more girl teams and a horse or a cat monster"

I hope otherwise - but it may be at deaf ears ..
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yogibbear wrote:
She hasn't backed the game though. So I'd rather CMoN listened to actual backers whistle

Would they be wiser to listen to potential backers, maybe convince additional people to pledge?

Nah. Dunno what I was thinking.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Can someone PLEASE explain to me why can't we just have factions of mixed gender!? For 'equality' why does a company create 'girl' teams to stand out - when they should build mixed gender teams to begin with.

This makes no sense.


Agreed. It does *sometime* make sense (e.g., Kaos Ball, Amazonians team) but if you're going to pull stuff out your a** mythology wise, then why??
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zigfromsa wrote:
So to CMON, from the words of an 8 year old future girl gamer: "Please include more girl teams and a horse or a cat monster"


37 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziggi W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
zigfromsa wrote:
So to CMON, from the words of an 8 year old future girl gamer: "Please include more girl teams and a horse or a cat monster"




Pfft My Little Pony's are so last year
Now if that was a unicorn, all the 8 year old girls would lose their collective 'poop'
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zigfromsa wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:
zigfromsa wrote:
So to CMON, from the words of an 8 year old future girl gamer: "Please include more girl teams and a horse or a cat monster"




Pfft My Little Pony's are so last year
Now if that was a unicorn, all the 8 year old girls would lose their collective 'poop'


Think of all the new pledges we'd get!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
LOL everyone triggered about female characters but no-one bats an eye about TS showing Rising Sun to 8 years old girl. A game where people corpses without heads are hanging opened from crotch to heart on Oni sword. That's one fine parenting but ain't my business.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziggi W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baramon wrote:
LOL everyone triggered about female characters but no-one bats an eye about TS showing Rising Sun to 8 years old girl. A game where people corpses without heads are hanging opened from crotch to heart on Oni sword. That's one fine parenting but ain't my business, unless TS is fine troll and 8 years old is his alter ego.


Meh, she's seen worse. My GF is a physician and has shown her all sorts of medical things.
Women as sex objects though are SUPER uncool in my opinion, hence the dislike of chain mail bikinis
29 
 Thumb up
0.03
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
United States
Rocky Hill
CT
flag msg tools
To be vulnerable ...
badge
... is needed most of all.
Avatar
mbmb
zigfromsa wrote:
Meh, she's seen worse. My GF is a physician and has shown her all sorts of medical things.
Women as sex objects though are SUPER uncool in my opinion, hence the dislike of chain mail bikinis
Seriously. Can we get a sexy male clan with chain-mail bikinis, already? That's all I've ever wanted. (Not being facetious, actual suggestion)
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziggi W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phildinius wrote:
zigfromsa wrote:
Meh, she's seen worse. My GF is a physician and has shown her all sorts of medical things.
Women as sex objects though are SUPER uncool in my opinion, hence the dislike of chain mail bikinis
Seriously. Can we get a sexy male clan with chain-mail bikinis, already? That's all I've ever wanted. (Not being facetious, actual suggestion)


I'd spend money on that
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In a fairly recent and very good book on Amazons (by a woman), its explained that our concepts about them are all off, as apparently in real life they were steppe horse archers. She translates the Greek work for Amazons not as women alone in a clan, but "The land where the sexes are equal."

Interesting stuff!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
phildinius wrote:
zigfromsa wrote:
Meh, she's seen worse. My GF is a physician and has shown her all sorts of medical things.
Women as sex objects though are SUPER uncool in my opinion, hence the dislike of chain mail bikinis
Seriously. Can we get a sexy male clan with chain-mail bikinis, already? That's all I've ever wanted. (Not being facetious, actual suggestion)


You should buy Conan, mail bikini is his thing
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.