Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Anachrony» Forums » Rules

Subject: Build a Superproject with only 1 space per row rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Mangiarano
Italy
Castellana Grotte
(BA)
flag msg tools
Use the force
badge
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Last game, last turn I was in this situation:

All spaces built on my player mat but last one on 2 differente rows;
I had the correct breakthrough and material to build another Super Project.

There's a way to build a SP in this situation (overbuild a previous building) or the action is not legal?

thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
starpino wrote:
Last game, last turn I was in this situation:

All spaces built on my player mat but last one on 2 differente rows;
I had the correct breakthrough and material to build another Super Project.

There's a way to build a SP in this situation (overbuild a previous building) or the action is not legal?

thanks


No build is possible you need two on the leftmost free spaces of a row , you choose which row if there is a tie. Normally saces 1 an2 of a row but if all 1 spaces are filled you can uses spaces 2 and 3. Not two spaces from different rows.

Your exmple does not meet that criteria, but 10 buildings is impressive , were any super projects ?
Part of the strategy is to plan ahead , especially if a particular building type features in evac conditions.You also have to leave the right combination available for a SP o as not to block building type yoou need for other reasons.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Mangiarano
Italy
Castellana Grotte
(BA)
flag msg tools
Use the force
badge
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2 superproject were part of my building (one of the final goals was most SP)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
starpino wrote:
2 superproject were part of my building (one of the final goals was most SP)


Cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
starpino wrote:
Last game, last turn I was in this situation:

All spaces built on my player mat but last one on 2 differente rows;
I had the correct breakthrough and material to build another Super Project.

There's a way to build a SP in this situation (overbuild a previous building) or the action is not legal?

thanks


I think it's not legal, but I don't have the rulebook in front of me

(and as I said many times I can be wrong)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skipper 2206
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
p.12 of the rulebook :

"If there are no empty spots for a building type, you
may not build any more buildings of that type."

Ok, i know SP are NOT Buildings... but...Same here..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Collins
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
CF Vapors - Alternative to Smoking
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I don't see it specifically stated in the rulebook, could you choose to "remove" a building to clear off a spot?

I know the rulebook states somewhere that in the rare case you gain an anomaly and have no open building slots that you place it on top of an existing building and that building is no longer functional until the anomaly is removed.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Pratt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Slyzx1 wrote:
Although I don't see it specifically stated in the rulebook, could you choose to "remove" a building to clear off a spot?

I know the rulebook states somewhere that in the rare case you gain an anomaly and have no open building slots that you place it on top of an existing building and that building is no longer functional until the anomaly is removed.



That is only applicable for placing an anomaly with no available slots. There is no deconstruct/demolish action or ability for removing that which has already been built.

My understanding is that once a building or SP has been built/placed it is there for the remainder of play.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmb
thevillagetuba wrote:

My understanding is that once a building or SP has been built/placed it is there for the remainder of play.


You are correct: there's no way to remove a building/SP once on the player board.
If you don't have 2 adjacent empty building spots, you may have all the assets you need to build all SPs in the game, but you simply cannot
You have to plan ahead and take a risk not knowing which SP may become available in subsequent eras. That's part of the thrill in this game
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be mistaken, but doesn't one of the B sides gives the ability of "when reaching 3 paradoxes gain an anomaly OR lose a building?"

That is a convoluted way of doing this, but still.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmb
newsaidin wrote:
I might be mistaken, but doesn't one of the B sides gives the ability of "when reaching 3 paradoxes gain an anomaly OR lose a building?"

That is a convoluted way of doing this, but still.


Yeah, you're right. I totally forgot that
Yes, somewhat convoluted but through careful planning, you could be able to remove a building when needed. You're giving up the VPs from the building, but if you're freeing up space for a SP, they usually have higher VPs and better "powers".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.