Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran into this last night when playing through the 'Aliens' objectives straight thru.

I had one of the Sentry Guns for Objective 2 attached in the Airlock room of the Complex. I choose to Scan and reveal the Hive Deck card in the Airlock and revealed a Facehugger.

Now, when a Sentry Gun is attached in the Complex room, any enemies in that room take -2 attack value. Does this apply to the Facehugger that I revealed, which carries an attack value of 3, whose card text says to put it faceup in front of the revealing player?

I'm guessing that it does not since the Facehugger instantly attaches to the current player and is technically no longer in the Complex room (and that's how I chose to play last night), but wanted to hear others' thoughts. . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct; as it's no longer in the Complex, the negative attack value is not applicable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd certainly want the sentry gun to back off if there was a facehugger leaping at my head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
I'd certainly want the sentry gun to back off if there was a facehugger leaping at my head.

Me too gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Sorensen
United Kingdom
Millom
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a FAQ entry for this (on page 20):

"If a Facehugger is revealed in a room with Sentry Guns, what happens?
It jumps onto you before the Sentry Guns have a chance to weaken it. (In other words, it works the same way as if it were revealed in a normal room.)"

The FAQ is here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/108174/updated-legendary-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.