Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Comanchería: The Rise and Fall of the Comanche Empire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Diplomacy Level 3 question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diplomacy 3 says to place a peace counter per 6.3.5. Do you have to invoke step 1 and check ravaged counters? I assumed so but wanted to be sure as the card also calls out that you need to do Step 2 which seemed like a strange clarification as it would apply normally in 6.3.5 if you execute the procedure from the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dodds
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never checked for Ravage counters when performing Diplomacy Level 3. In my mind this is not the Enemy performing an action but rather a benefit received as a consequence of Comanche diplomacy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is what I was hoping, I just assumed since the card calls out step 2, that it would say something like "Place peace counter per 6.3.5 Step 3".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, intuitively it does not make sense to apply step 1. On the other hand it doesn't make much sense to bring peace on a tribe that you just ravaged, does it ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
stealthychalupa wrote:
Diplomacy 3 says to place a peace counter per 6.3.5. Do you have to invoke step 1 and check ravaged counters? I assumed so but wanted to be sure as the card also calls out that you need to do Step 2 which seemed like a strange clarification as it would apply normally in 6.3.5 if you execute the procedure from the beginning.

No. You're not executing the Instruction per se. Just place the counter.

-Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.