Subject: KoT cards?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R. M.
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I find your lack of faith disturbing. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the Game Master.
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be missing some thing in the rules. I have not found any where esle it states the limit of cards you can have. I assume there is no limit to the number of cards laid in front of you.

Also after purchasing a card could it be played immediately?

Thanks for the input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallo
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, you can have as many cards as you can pay energy for.

The cards can be used the turn you buy them, but note that cards that say "Discard" MUST be used immediately, you cannot hold onto them for future turns.

Cards that say "Keep" will stay in front of you and will say when they are relevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. M.
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I find your lack of faith disturbing. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the Game Master.
mbmbmbmbmb
So if the card states discard, so if you can or can not use at that point it gets discarded any way.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 10
mbmbmbmbmb
"Discard" cards are discarded and resolved immediately at the time of purchase.
"Keep" cards are kept in front of you and provide a continuous effect while they are in your possession.

Cards are only available to purchase after you've resolved your dice.
If you purchase a "Keep" card which allows you to manipulate your dice or score your dice in an non-traditional way, it will not take effect this turn since your dice have already been resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, discarded either way, but I am not sure what you mean by can not use it at that point. I cannot think of a time you couldn't use a discard card. It may not be of benefit, but you could use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekymike wrote:
Yeah, discarded either way, but I am not sure what you mean by can not use it at that point. I cannot think of a time you couldn't use a discard card. It may not be of benefit, but you could use it.

Flip it around, if you can't use it, then just don't buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. M.
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You, every one for the information it makes more sense now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
darthgamer wrote:
Thank You, every one for the information it makes more sense now.

"Discard" cards are cards that you buy and use immediately (i.e. it just gives you victory points or heals you or something). As noted, you can't save them for later. Buy it now and it immediately happens and then is discarded.

"Keep" cards sit in front of you permanently (until something makes them go away, which happens once and a while--an opponent might have a power that steals them; they might have a life span like Smoke Cloud; they might have a built in discard clause like Plot Twist or Psychic Probe). There is no limit to the number of Keep cards you can have in front of you, but they are limited by the amount of energy you have to spend, so it is unusual that anyone gets more than 3 or 4 over the course of a game (unless folks are playing intentionally passively; it isn't impossible for someone to be really lucky with energy rolls and get a dozen cards, but on average, folks generally pick up, like, 3 or 4 cards in a given game in my experience).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. M.
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for the clarification on this. We have been playing it at least a dozen times now. We do enjoy the play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.