Recommend
34 
 Thumb up
 Hide
41 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

High Frontier (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Pictures from the grand opening rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Heenan
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So apparently linking to the Imgur photos didn't work.

I'll get these up to BGG soon. In the meantime, here's an Imgur Album: http://imgur.com/a/Ppz2q.



Edit: Components added (and broken links to Imgur yanked)

Edit 2: Most of these have horrible glare, which I know will result in BGG rejecting them. I'll leave it to those of you with better lighting to get photos up to BGG.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. Looks moderately acceptable, ie playable. But it also looks kinda cheap. Good to see it published but....

Did OSS ever send out the PnP files to anybody?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
Advocator wrote:
One complaint, sadly. When you set up the big High Frontier board, you have to shift the boards a little to get the graphics to line up.


I've got quite a few games where that happens.


Will be interested to see if this is a universal problem with the print run.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Advocator wrote:
One complaint, sadly. When you set up the big High Frontier board, you have to shift the boards a little to get the graphics to line up.


This was one of my biggest pet peeves about the 2nd edition. It absolutely 100% does not effect game play, but it bothers me. Too bad they didn't fix it in the 3rd edition. The map for this game is beautiful, and the misalignment takes something away from that.

(I know "lots of games do this", but lots don't, too. My Scythe boards line up beautifully.)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So there are 2 versions of the map included? One that spans 2 boards and one that is squeezed into a single board?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Advocator wrote:
So apparently linking to the Imgur photos didn't work.

I'll get these up to BGG soon. In the meantime, here's an Imgur Album: http://imgur.com/a/Ppz2q.



Edit: Components added (and broken links to Imgur yanked)

Edit 2: Most of these have horrible glare, which I know will result in BGG rejecting them. I'll leave it to those of you with better lighting to get photos up to BGG.


What did I get myself into!!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 2 boards. One has the backside of the Big Map and the interstellar board on it. The other is other half of the Big Board.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As we already know this version does not improve the components, charts or graphs in any sense....a same...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabuchi wrote:
Advocator wrote:
So apparently linking to the Imgur photos didn't work.

I'll get these up to BGG soon. In the meantime, here's an Imgur Album: http://imgur.com/a/Ppz2q.



Edit: Components added (and broken links to Imgur yanked)

Edit 2: Most of these have horrible glare, which I know will result in BGG rejecting them. I'll leave it to those of you with better lighting to get photos up to BGG.


What did I get myself into!!!


If it helps I view your individual contributions as fact, not rant.

IMO you are not responsible or accountable for any rants that might result.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a High Frontier virgin, but aren't the rocket tokens a step up from previous versions?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the rocket tokens are different, but I don't think they're better. I think the new ones look kind of squat and clumsy, and they're really no more realistic. The spacecraft you fly in high frontier are not like the chemical rockets used to launch payloads into LEO, which the tokens depict.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Any sign of what the exclusives mentioned in the Kickstarter FAQ might be?

Quote:
However, there will be some extra items that we will be sending to Kickstarter supporters exclusively.


From what I'm seeing, I'd say it's that issue of Ares Magazine...?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought 3rd edition included the postermap? That would negate the board alignment problem. Also the 2 board segments are handy if you just want to explore close to home.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
STRAP IN » BURN ON » BLACK OUT
badge
HIT 'EM FROM ORBIT
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are the ventures and glory? Or have they been eliminated in this version?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
The spirit of BGG as expressed by Esgaldil: "We lose nothing by trying to be helpful"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
boshar wrote:
I thought 3rd edition included the postermap? That would negate the board alignment problem. Also the 2 board segments are handy if you just want to explore close to home.

Backers complained because they didn't want a folded poster map and it would have been way too expensive to ship the poster rolled up in a separate tube. Someone suggested they use double-sided boards and put the larger map on the back of the two existing boards, which is what they ended up doing.

The double-sided boards with a larger map on the back were not in the original kickstarter offer. I see them as a big step up even if the boards do not align 100%.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ventures and glories are cards now. I agree that the doublesided board is a nice solution, and I'm glad to have it even though I probably won't have space to use it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I rather like the new rocket token. I'm going to imagine it as part of the crew portion of the spacecraft. Since there's a lot of variation in rocket composition one token would never fit all rockets anyway.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson W.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The first unboxing pics I've ever cared about. Looks fantastically intimidating.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:
Mabuchi wrote:
Advocator wrote:
So apparently linking to the Imgur photos didn't work.

I'll get these up to BGG soon. In the meantime, here's an Imgur Album: http://imgur.com/a/Ppz2q.



Edit: Components added (and broken links to Imgur yanked)

Edit 2: Most of these have horrible glare, which I know will result in BGG rejecting them. I'll leave it to those of you with better lighting to get photos up to BGG.


What did I get myself into!!!


If it helps I view your individual contributions as fact, not rant.

IMO you are not responsible or accountable for any rants that might result.



After backing High Frontier 3rd Edition back in 2009 or something like that, I picked up Greenland. A much smaller game box with 24 pages of rules
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Super glad you posted these. Except that the last picture in the album is upside-down and it's giving me vertigo.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
The spirit of BGG as expressed by Esgaldil: "We lose nothing by trying to be helpful"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nomoredroids wrote:
Super glad you posted these. Except that the last picture in the album is upside-down and it's giving me vertigo.

There is no up or down in space.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heenan
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BitJam wrote:
nomoredroids wrote:
Super glad you posted these. Except that the last picture in the album is upside-down and it's giving me vertigo.

There is no up or down in space.


I was going to fix it... But you've raised an excellent point, so I'm leaving it as is
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
South Lyon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BitJam wrote:
nomoredroids wrote:
Super glad you posted these. Except that the last picture in the album is upside-down and it's giving me vertigo.

There is no up or down in space.

I thought the enemy gate was down.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
The spirit of BGG as expressed by Esgaldil: "We lose nothing by trying to be helpful"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mantheron wrote:
I thought the enemy gate was down.

My parka is down. My computer is up. My dog is Astro. My homie's "z'up".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
gar0u wrote:
(I know "lots of games do this", but lots don't, too. My Scythe boards line up beautifully.)


Maybe, but not everybody's did.



Multi-board printing misalignment is an annoying but fairly common problem.


Have you tried flipping it over? One side may align better than the other if I recall correctly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.