Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam S.
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a question regarding The Masked Hunter.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
His card has the Cultist designation. If he is not defeated in Midnight Masks:

1) Does he get listed in the Campaign Log under "Cultists Who Got Away", and;

2) If so, is he included in the list of Cultists who get added to the spawned enemies at the Main Path in Act 1b ("Unveiling the Plan") of The Devourer Below.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to both. He is one of the scenario's six unique Cultists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S.
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Not that it made much of a difference in our first playthrough. We only interrogated two cultists in Midnight Masks, so it left bunch (six if I remember correctly) that spawned at the Main Path in Devourer Below. Having been beaten down and wounded both mentally and physically, Roland and Wendy decided that it was better to regroup outside the woods. Unfortunately Umôrdhoth came out of the woods while they were catching their breath and killed them.....

Next time I think we'll have to make sure we interrogate more of the cultists before we enter the woods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sch21c wrote:
Thanks.

Not that it made much of a difference in our first playthrough. We only interrogated two cultists in Midnight Masks, so it left bunch (six if I remember correctly) that spawned at the Main Path in Devourer Below. Having been beaten down and wounded both mentally and physically, Roland and Wendy decided that it was better to regroup outside the woods. Unfortunately Umôrdhoth came out of the woods while they were catching their breath and killed them.....

Next time I think we'll have to make sure we interrogate more of the cultists before we enter the woods.

Hmm, there are only 6 unique cultists in total, so there's something else wrong there. "Unique" is indicated by a dot by the card's name. Five unique cultists are in the cultist deck and one is the Masked Hunter. Make sure you're not including Acolytes or Wizards, you just fight and discard those like any other enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Ellis
msg tools
Acolytes do not count as unique cultists. The cultist deck has 5 unique cultists and the other one you identified in your original question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.