John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
only asking because most of the people I game with are probably mid-level...if it helps, these are some of the games that we play often and enjoy (see below). my question is what game(s) would you compare it to as far as difficulty to learn and teach? (and you aren't restricted to my list, any examples would help)...thanks

games we play often:

- Great Western Trail
- Firefly (my wife's favorite)
- Lords of Waterdeep
- Coal Baron
- Dominion
- Antike
- Age of Empires

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a complex game. The hardest part is just making it through the rule book which figures out a way to make it confusing, especially with timing issues. It's one of those games that you read the book, then set up, then go through the play and rules at the same time and it'll click quickly.

Really the only complication is in that ameritrash-y way where there are some card timing ambiguities and just a few different things to remember about repairing and using stations, and the like. There's no complex strategy or heavy rule systems, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can manage Firefly I would say that ST:FC should be well within your capabilities. I think they are of about the same level of complexity albeit with different challenges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Witte
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not complex at all. I played it with my 7-year-old several times before selling it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not bad to learn/play, the hardest part comes from figuring out what command decks to use! Look at the files here and print out the references, it will be a huge assist.

But it's not as bad as, say, Firefly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.