Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The play time for this game, as stated by the publisher is 240 minutes. If we assume that's for a 5 player game, that comes out to 48 minutes per player. I just picked up a copy of this at my local con and played it with three of my kids for the first time this week. We didn't finish because it was getting way past their bedtime. But it didn't seem like it was going to take the full 192 minutes (48*4). And that was for a learning game, with Dad constantly referring to the rulebook for clarifications. So I'm thinking WotC was erring on the side of caution when listing the play time at 240 minutes.

But I'd like to hear some thoughts from experienced players. How long do your games usually last? Here's a poll, for posterity's sake:

Poll
How many minutes, per player, do your games of Risk 2210 A.D. usually last?
10-15 Minutes
15-20 Minutes
20-25 Minutes
25-30 Minutes
30-35 Minutes
35-40 Minutes
40-45 Minutes
45-50 Minutes
50-55 Minutes
55-60 Minutes
>60 Minutes
      23 answers
Poll created by TIM0THY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
first time I played it with a friend it took about I think 2 hours? Possibly 3?

Partially due to just learning the rules. Partially because it was a slug-fest even with the time limit. I ended up holed up on the moon trying to stave off total defeat. Was great fun!

I think the playtime will vary depending on the players, and number of players.

We were not wasting alot of time pondering moves and it still took 2+ hours. And we didnt even notice.

So if you gat a game done faster when great. Possibly the next will go longer. Or the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen games that dragged on because the players were spending a lot of time pondering. But I've also seen some that dragged because people were being exceptionally cautious when attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We always play with 5 players, and our games run over 2 hours for sure. We spend a lot of time chatting and antagonizing each other which is part of the required game play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerad Clark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First play yesterday (continuing into this morning) and we spent over 5 hours. Yikes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeradc wrote:
First play yesterday (continuing into this morning) and we spent over 5 hours. Yikes!
So, would you say that there was a lot of downtime where people were sitting thinking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerad Clark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it was just the learning the rules part. I was playing with my boys ages 12, 11, and 10. So, could also have had something to do with it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, first plays are usually pretty slow compared to games with people who've played before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.