Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the following add a lot to the game if you mainly play solo, they would be about $40 to buy?

Scythe Kickstarter (4x) Encounter, Factory and Objective Card Promotional Bundle
• Includes Scythe Kickstarter Promo Expansions #1-4
• Scythe: Kickstarter Promo (#1) Objective Cards #24-27
• Scythe: Kickstarter Promo (#2-3) Encounter Cards #29-36
• Scythe: Kickstarter Promo (#4) Factory Cards #13-18
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on how much of a completionist you really are.

I play mainly solo as well, but I just had to get them, and extra automa decks, realistic resources, and, the coins as well.

surprisesurprisesurpriseshakeshakeshake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Geery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Promo #4 the factory cards have provided the largest alteration to the base game, but the others are nice to have. I have seen games and players that do not prioritize getting to the factory cards though. Also look at meeplesource.com was ~$5 each, $40 seems a bit much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Strait
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hmm... the card packs used to be available for about $5 each, and y'know, yeah, it's more art and more variety. I'd consider them worth it for solo play, if part of the reason you like the game is the art.

The new $40 "easy bundle" also has some stuff you're not going to need for single player, like the extra dials. The added cost probably isn't worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wrong One wrote:

I play mainly solo as well, but I just had to get them, and extra automa decks, realistic resources, and, the coins as well.

But isn't one deck of Automa good enough, I have the expansion "Invaders from Afar" coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morten has semi-unofficial rules posted around here for multiple automa. So you will need one deck per automa used. There is a web app also mentioned around here, so that gets you to two with the base deck. Any more will require another deck each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have an iOS device (iphone or ipad), definitely pick up ScytheKick: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scythekick/id1190324458?uo=4...

Basically gives you multiple Automatta decks so you don't need to buy more (I still may pick up a couple of decks for those times I actually have the table space). Really well made application. Highly recommend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all and have a good weekend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phill Webb
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:

But isn't one deck of Automa good enough, I have the expansion "Invaders from Afar" coming.

You can play with one deck if you can handle about 1 in 20 of your games being more swingy, and not being able to count back through the discard pile to check stars achieved.

Phill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're playing a lot, a better investment of $40 would be a custom insert that greatly reduces setup and take down time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
If you're playing a lot, a better investment of $40 would be a custom insert that greatly reduces setup and take down time.

I agree...Setup and Takedown is a key factor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:
The Wrong One wrote:

One deck is fine for one Automa. You can also use the Sythekick app which also caters for multiple Automa - so you could play up to 5 without even using a single deck, it takes care of everything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Lanes
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another method for an extra automata deck is to just print one out (files are available on the game page) on regular paper and sleeve it with a regular card behind it. It isn't the most flashy but the price is nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can use the free webapp .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Weiss
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:
Do the following add a lot to the game if you mainly play solo, they would be about $40 to buy?

Scythe Kickstarter (4x) Encounter, Factory and Objective Card Promotional Bundle
• Includes Scythe Kickstarter Promo Expansions #1-4
• Scythe: Kickstarter Promo (#1) Objective Cards #24-27
• Scythe: Kickstarter Promo (#2-3) Encounter Cards #29-36
• Scythe: Kickstarter Promo (#4) Factory Cards #13-18

To me, this price is outrageous. See the morning.us tip in this thread, where you pay $5 for all these cards combined. Just be patient for them to arrive. In my case: 2 weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.