Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey y'all.

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but I sure as heck couldn't see it. Basically, I'm after any pointers or links to some templates for the various supply decks please.

I'd like to pull together a few custom characters and items to play around with and test out for fun... but couldn't see a template anywhere. I've seen and acquired the PNG file with the various icons on there, but nothing of the card front, or any of the backs in any kind of format. PSD or otherwise.

I've found a template for the story cards and also custom ships - but not the main cards. Hopefully someone can help me and save me some extra time in not having to recreate something from scratch to then upload to printerstudio, artscow, etc.

Thanks in advance and love all the variant passion and effort I've seen in recent months. It's wonderful stuff.

Cheers, Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Steve, do you have access to Dropbox and Photoshop? We've got a resource folder on Dropbox that has a number of templates for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya George - yep, sure do. That sounds great if you can point me in the direction when you get 5 mins.

Cheers in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shoot me your e-mail and I can send you an invite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. GM sent. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Or, to be a tidge more thematic in this here forum....
whistle

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam McClendon
msg tools
Hello, everyone!

Gwek, do you think I can get access to those resources too? I'm getting back into creating more custom cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bowlwoman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I second the request to access to the resources. Gwek so kindly sent me a Dropbox invite a couple of years ago, but when I try to access it now it's not available. Could I get the info for the new/updated folder?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey! I apologize - I saw your request but got tied up in working on Black Market stuff.

I'll give you access (and perhaps update the templates because I've made tweaks to a few) tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bowlwoman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Excellent, I super appreciate it.

I'm currently playing around with some of the card sizes and bleed/border marks from the LC set I got from you a few years ago, so I'll be interested to see if I'm now duplicating work that you've already completed. But, if nothing else, it gives me a chance to shake some of the rust off my PS skills. Now that the 2 1/2 year-old is finally becoming a bit more independent, I have time to devote to my hobbies a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Neumann
Germany
flag msg tools
Im trying to do some custom Cards too but the templates i use have some Problems with the Job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Which template are you using, and in what program?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Neumann
Germany
flag msg tools
Im using Photoshop C56. I use templates I tried to make myself but I failed at the Job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It really pays to spend a little more time preparing before you Misbehave. It's good to have some Crew built up with a handful of Keywords. As popular as Photoshop is, as a Keyword, it doesn't come up often in the cards. You can't cover EVERY eventuality, but you can handle most.

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to agree here with Scarbuck.

Much as there are good things about free programs such as Gimp, a lot of my heartache went as soon as I bit the bullet and invested in the monthly subscription to Photoshop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... actually, I was just playing off the "Job failing" bit.

I'd personally like Photoshop a lot better if they'd change their business model. I just want to buy my software once and be done with it. I don't want to rent it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob jones
msg tools
Hey George can I get in on these templates too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Krause
Germany
Sulzbach-Rosenberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m looking for that templates too.

Would be great if you share them

(+Any news on Black Market?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bob - I still owe you an invite. I'll try to take care of it tonight.

Bernd - If you have access to Photoshop and Dropbox, shoot me a PM with your e-mail and I can send you an invite, took.

THE BLACK MARKET will be getting updates pretty soon. I've been fiddling with the templates a bit more and should be getting my test printing (hopefully the final one) in a day or two. If it looks good, I'll likely start updating cars for THE BLACK MARKET soon after that.

Meantime, I'm fiddling with THEY'VE ALL GOT STORIES and BROWNCOATS & BRIGANDS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie B
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, new member but I really love all the creativity I've seen around here! You guys are doing some really spectacular work.

I was hoping to try my hand at making some custom cards, and I wondered if I might be able to get a copy of the template, too? I know it'll be much more polished than anything I could cobble together on my own!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you have access to Photoshop and Dropbox, send me a PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.