Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Powers
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry, I don't have time to read through all of the suggestions, so just posting this in case it has never been suggested.

I would like a way for reputable BGG members to sponsor new members to give them a shred of credibility.

Especially when it comes to marketplace deals, new users can get dismissed rather easily (sometimes with good reason, but often without).

By allowing members in good standing to sponsor new members (mostly friends, or even recent acquaintances), some confidence may be had that they will follow through with an order.

And the sponsor would take some responsibility, in that if the user turns out to be flaky, that sponsor would also take a credibility hit.

I've never really liked the New User tag for people that we don't really have to worry about, other than letting us know to treat them with a bit or care

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like an overly complex solution to a pretty non-existent problem.

Sellers can dismiss people for all sorts of reasons if they don't want their money, and complaints about it are pretty rare relative to the number of games that get sold.

BGG's fairly odd marketplace setup is surely more responsible for lost sales among unfamiliar users than the users themselves.

Traders can send first if they're a new user and want to trade with an experienced trader. That's pretty typical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think giving geekgold is a pretty good way to sponsor. If someone shows up with an avatar, a badge, and a bunch of microbadges, I'd generally trust them enough. If I still didn't trust them at that point, it would probably be for a reason that wouldn't change if some other rando vouched for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.