Subject: Using two decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergio Padilla
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
Now that the 3rd edition is about to arrive, I'm going to find myself with two copies of all the cards. Is there any benefit in mixing both the second and third edition together? Or that would break the game?
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Sergio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
srpadlop wrote:
Now that the 3rd edition is about to arrive, I'm going to find myself with two copies of all the cards. Is there any benefit in mixing both the second and third edition together? Or that would break the game?
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Sergio

I would not do it. The deck mix is an important part of the balance of the game and mixing in two sets of cards would dilute their value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
When I looked at the cards to see if I could adjust my 2nd ed to play on the new map an with the new fuel system I quickly gave up. Far to many rebalances. It would not work in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Also I think there were a ton of changes to the cards--not sure about that though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One change is the fact that you can only use the ESA beamed power if the thruster has the new "push" symbol, which is not present on the 2nd edition cards. The solar sails have also been changed, both for balance and to fit with the new fuel strip. Otherwise I think the changes are minor. Wasn't there a google doc listing all the changes between 2nd and 3rd edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Cards appear to be different sizes too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There might be some usefulness if using multiplayer Interstellar, although I don't guarantee the old deck will play well in the reworked Interstellar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Could they come in handy as placeholders for the trade card variant that was discussed earlier this week as long as one always referred to the values and text on the 3rd edition card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Padilla
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
Thanks for all your quick responses! I was suspecting that it would affect the balance of the game but I was not sure. But I did not realize that the new edition cards change the cards so much.
Thanks for all th einformation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United States
Hiram
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Photocopy and sleeves might work, and might be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.