Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bakke
United States
Augusta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a pass attempt, is the accuracy modifier taken into consideration when checking for a fumble, or is the only modifier the number of tackle zones around the passer?

For example, if the passer is in two tackle zones and is attempting a long bomb, does he fumble on a 3 or less or on a 5 or less?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris
Netherlands
Haarlem
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All modifiers count, range, skills and tackle zones.
So in your example fumble on a 5-.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bakkster wrote:
On a pass attempt, is the accuracy modifier taken into consideration when checking for a fumble, or is the only modifier the number of tackle zones around the passer?

For example, if the passer is in two tackle zones and is attempting a long bomb, does he fumble on a 3 or less or on a 5 or less?

All modifiers count so it is a fumble on 5 or less. That is a desperation play but 6's happen. Safe Throw is also your friend in those situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave donisthorpe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
On a previous post i pointed out that the further you throw the likelyhood of a inacurate pass stays the same and only the chance of a fumble goes up. This is, obviously, rediculous. We play just the tackle zones affect a fumble. It makes for a better game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ddonisthorpe wrote:
On a previous post i pointed out that the further you throw the likelyhood of a inacurate pass stays the same and only the chance of a fumble goes up. This is, obviously, rediculous. We play just the tackle zones affect a fumble. It makes for a better game.

I do not know if I agree with that. Being able to reposition the ball out to the long bomb distance even with the 3 scatters with high chance can be very advantageous for fast teams. Generally passes beyond quick or short (when Fumbles are only 1 on the die normally) are usually reserved for really skilled throwing teams or desperation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave donisthorpe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Whats the point of having a high agility thrower if he drops the ball whenever he tries something other than a short or quick pass? It makes more sense to me that your throw should be more likely to be inaccurate the further you throw the ball. Maybe having the ball scatter further on a longer pass would be better but it would affect things like diving catch. It does not matter what agility you are you will drop a long bomb on a 1,2 or 3. I just do not see any game balance reasons to have it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nichols
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ddonisthorpe wrote:
It does not matter what agility you are you will drop a long bomb on a 1,2 or 3.

There are several ways to reduce the chance of a fumble. Safe throw, accurate, and strong arm all make the fumble less likely, as does rerolling a failed roll via pass, pro, leader, or a team reroll. You can also use hail mary pass to get it up there with less risk, but I can't remember the rules for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is pitch black.
badge
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
ddonisthorpe wrote:
Whats the point of having a high agility thrower if he drops the ball whenever he tries something other than a short or quick pass? It makes more sense to me that your throw should be more likely to be inaccurate the further you throw the ball. Maybe having the ball scatter further on a longer pass would be better but it would affect things like diving catch. It does not matter what agility you are you will drop a long bomb on a 1,2 or 3. I just do not see any game balance reasons to have it that way.

If a Wood Elf team is able to reliably chuck the ball halfway down the field, even if it lands in an empty square for a turnover, there are likely to be balance implications against a slow team. It'd stretch the field out a long way for Dwarves or Khemri. Not sure it'd be game-breaking, but it would change the balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Long Bombs are not supposed to be easy. Throwing the ball really hard might cause it to fumble more. With 6 move players and a long bomb you can move the ball from one end zone to the other in that turn without needing a hand off. AG teams already have a huge advantage in controlling positioning and such. If I could chuck the ball down the field with such little chance it ending up at my feet it would be a pretty common tactic for speed teams. If you make this change you would also need to only allow, 1 hand off or pass in the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave donisthorpe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Agility teams still only throw the ball away in desperation. Teams still tend to keep a player downfield in case the opposition grab the ball and run past them. Play with the rules as i play them and see if it changes.
I was wondering if the computer version keeps it with all modifications or just on 1'S. Maybe someone out there would like to try throwing 12 long bombs. There should be either 6 fumbles or 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.