1 , 2  Next »   | 

Rising Sun» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Fox Clan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronaldo Fatecha
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be missing something here, but the Stretch goal for the Fox Clan Materials mentions a lot of the unlocked extras and "11 counter bases" but it does not mention Fox Clan minis other then the Daimyo, or a 6th player expansion. Feels like the pledge includes the extra materials but not the clan itself.

Is there confirmation that the clan minis will come with the pledge? Or will they be sold after with the 6th players exp pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanti Massey
msg tools
"Of course, the Fox Clan will still need its loyal Bushi and Shinto warriors. But don't worry, we'll get to them in due time."

They will be another SG coming up soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Lewis
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, they're just padding the stretch goals to make 3-5 "goals" out of the new clan. I'd rather just see it as one lump with spacing, but not my campaign.

If the others are somehow not unlocked, then there's usually an option to pay a couple dollars extra to get the models that weren't unlocked.

That being said, funding continues smoothly and I expect we'll see some bumps once they do some add-ons, optional buys, and expansions. It's early in the KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Purgatus wrote:
"Of course, the Fox Clan will still need its loyal Bushi and Shinto warriors. But don't worry, we'll get to them in due time."

When I read this I thought, "Wouldn't it be funny if the funding didn't reach the level to unlock the minis themselves. We'd have all this stuff for another clan, except the minis." Doesn't seem likely that this would happen, but the fact that it's a (unlikely) possibility made me chuckle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TIM0THY wrote:
Purgatus wrote:

When I read this I thought, "Wouldn't it be funny if the funding didn't reach the level to unlock the minis themselves. We'd have all this stuff for another clan, except the minis." Doesn't seem likely that this would happen, but the fact that it's a (unlikely) possibility made me chuckle.

I had the same thought. Would that cause back-outs where other unlocks would lock again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanti Massey
msg tools
TIM0THY wrote:
Purgatus wrote:

I remember thinking the same thing, followed closely by "There is no way in hell they won't get the funding to unlock it at this point." But it would be extremely awkward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
Purgatus wrote:
TIM0THY wrote:
Purgatus wrote:

I remember thinking the same thing, followed closely by "There is no way in hell they won't get the funding to unlock it at this point." But it would be extremely awkward.

I'm reasonably certain you'd see a post-campaign update where CMON unlocked the rest of the Fox Clan as a "thank you" to backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Don't worry. The full clan components will be there at the end of the day.
CMON has all of the game components planned out, and, at the end of the KS campaign, all will end up being included in the game. They just spread out the "stretch goals" during the campaign for marketing purposes.
If the campaign were to suddenly end tomorrow you'd see a big rush of multiple "stretch goals" listed all at once, all "unlocked" within an easily attainable campaign amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They aren't really stretch goals. Just think of them as aspects of the game that get revealed slowly throughout the campaign based on the funding levels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bean
msg tools
TIM0THY wrote:

Doubt it, if we don’t reach the stretch goal they’ll probably still give us all the needed pieces. Granted, I doubt that will happen. Once an add on gets introduced they are probably going to get another ½ million dollars easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear CMoN n00bs,

Every CMoN campaign, some backers worry that they won't get stretch goal X, or that a series of goals that make a whole expansion won't be unlocked.

Let me offer some assurances!

1. If stretch goal X is revealed, you will get it.
2. If funding doesn't hit stretch goal X, CMoN will "crunch some numbers", and you will get it. This will be labelled a "thank you".
3. If an expansion requires further unrevealed stretch goals, and funding looks shaky, multiple bits of the expac will be bundled into single stretch goals, then see (1).

In summary: you will get it, and you won't pay extra. CMoN will round out expansions well before the well runs dry, and the final goals will be singular (usually very cool) items, and not part of an expac.

Respectfully,
You friendly KS addict "experienced" backer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
They aren't really stretch goals. Just think of them as aspects of the game that get revealed slowly throughout the campaign based on the funding levels.

They won't be in the base game, nor available to people who don't back. I'd say that's the polar opposite of unlocking elements of the game. The Fox Clan is very much a stretch goal: a bonus for backers only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Dormammu wrote:
[q="ayejae"]... The Fox Clan is very much a stretch goal: a bonus for backers only.

..and one that backers do not have to worry about "filling out" completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look for them to announce the first add-on soon as well. They tend to do that alongside these multi-part stretch goals so the funding boost pushes through them pretty quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
msg tools
mb
Have they disclosed what the Fox Clan's special ability is yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cmid21 wrote:

"Under the leadership of this mighty Daimyo, the Fox Clan is a wily and opportunistic one. They somehow manage to sneak their way into almost every battle. When a battle starts, if the Fox clan has no presence already in the contested province, they automatically place one of their Bushi in that battle (provided they have one in reserve). This powerful ability allows the Fox clan to swoop in and claim uncontested provinces, make surprise attacks on unsuspecting opponents, or take advantage of battles where they have no hope of winning in order to gain resources that will help them in important subsequent battles."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
msg tools
mb
Teowulff wrote:
Cmid21 wrote:

"Under the leadership of this mighty Daimyo, the Fox Clan is a wily and opportunistic one. They somehow manage to sneak their way into almost every battle. When a battle starts, if the Fox clan has no presence already in the contested province, they automatically place one of their Bushi in that battle (provided they have one in reserve). This powerful ability allows the Fox clan to swoop in and claim uncontested provinces, make surprise attacks on unsuspecting opponents, or take advantage of battles where they have no hope of winning in order to gain resources that will help them in important subsequent battles."

Thanks! This doesn't sound as strong as the other factions being that they don't get to use their ability as frequently as the other clans. Maybe I don't fully understand all the rules completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cmid21 wrote:
Thanks! This doesn't sound as strong as the other factions being that they don't get to use their ability as frequently as the other clans. Maybe I don't fully understand all the rules completely.

No-one except the designers know the rules at this moment ...

There are 3 seasons with (I presume) one battle phase each. I guess the foxes must take care to have enough "free" Bushi available but if they do it seems they can automatically occupy every province without enemy units.
This seems best in games with 3 or 4 players than when the map is relatively full with 5 or 6.
Next to that, being able too place Bushi and doing (for instance) a seppuku means you get an extra X victory points each season.

And so on ... I don't think the foxes are that useless!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cmid21 wrote:
Teowulff wrote:
Cmid21 wrote:

I could be wrong, but as I understand this:
There is a war phase. During the war phase, as series of battles happen across several provinces. So if you have a model in reserve, each battle you could jump in, lose, and have the model be destroyed and go back into your reserve to be used in the next battle.

So you pretty much can take part in every battle that happens if you want. Losing gets you money spent from the winner, and you can throw a wrench in everything by bidding on things like kidnap or poets (depending on the battle) if you wanted. This is potentially VERY good if you are a master of exploiting the battle mechanics.

We don't know how kidnap works though. It could be that you never get kidnapped models back, so if you are too greedy you will run out of bushi. I speculate you get kidnapped models back at the end of each season though because otherwise a player could be effectively eliminated from the game by having too many models kidnapped.

Edit: It also occurred to me that if you as fox clan had accumulated a Ronin, you'd threaten to win any battle you participated in too. This clan could be really frustrating to play against.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Legault
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny enough Bloodrage had 27 goals the entire campaign so far this one has slammed 26 out of the 28 shown and surpassed Bloodrage in a few hours. It's kind of a bummer they are spreading things out like this, I had the same thought of "what if these don't get ublocked. In reality it's just padding the campaign, hopefully so they design more real goals. We only have one special clan castle so far as well. I'm guessing this is all being done because of just how insane it's done out of the gate, they don't want to run out of goals when they count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:

You nailed it.

Some items are clearly stretch goals in the strict sense, but this whole clan shenanigans is for stretching purposes only (not necessarily a goal, as it is clear that we would get if the campaign ended today).

In the end it is not a big deal, but it is kind of funny.

And yes, I understand a whole clan is a lot of material, but a part of me thinks that in times before kickstarter this would already be in the game in the first place.

It made me remember my grandpa, when I was little he bought me a huge box of legos and split the content in several boxes so it looked like Santa have brought me tons of presents.

Oh, well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
Look for them to announce the first add-on soon as well. They tend to do that alongside these multi-part stretch goals so the funding boost pushes through them pretty quickly.

Or they release them after a weekend to reinvigorate funding each week after the doldrums of sat/sun when funding is always lower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Dudás
Hungary
flag msg tools
Dormammu wrote:
[q="ayejae"] The Fox Clan is very much a stretch goal: a bonus for backers only.

Well.. backers only sounds more like KS exclusive.
Stretch goals in actual crowdfunding projects are not KS exclusive by default. Its more along the line of "if we get more funds, then we are able to do this too". With only a few being KS exclusive and the rest upgrading retail boxes as well.

Also considering that the game was always designed as a 3-6 player game, its argueable that this is something new and that it depends on any kind of additional funding. This is a marketing campaign, not a funding campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Aries
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
Cmid21 wrote:

No-one except the designers know the rules at this moment ...

There are 3 seasons with (I presume) one battle phase each. I guess the foxes must take care to have enough "free" Bushi available but if they do it seems they can automatically occupy every province without enemy units.
This seems best in games with 3 or 4 players than when the map is relatively full with 5 or 6.
Next to that, being able too place Bushi and doing (for instance) a seppuku means you get an extra X victory points each season.

And so on ... I don't think the foxes are that useless!

Especially if you are able to use the Kitsune, which negates the force of all but one figure from each opponent during war.
Sneak in, negate power to put yourself on an equal footing, rather cunning.

I'm going to call my Kitsune Baldrick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
zinho73 wrote:
ayejae wrote:

You nailed it.

Some items are clearly stretch goals in the strict sense, but this whole clan shenanigans is for stretching purposes only (not necessarily a goal, as it is clear that we would get if the campaign ended today).

In the end it is not a big deal, but it is kind of funny.

And yes, I understand a whole clan is a lot of material, but a part of me thinks that in times before kickstarter this would already be in the game in the first place.

It made me remember my grandpa, when I was little he bought me a huge box of legos and split the content in several boxes so it looked like Santa have brought me tons of presents.

Oh, well

Expansions that primarily exist to add more players have been around a lot longer than kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.