Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After sleeving my cards, I noticed I couldn't get them back in the box. I didn't really want to lose the insert, as I liked the way it kept the cards in neat separate piles, and kept the pen away from them too.

The problem seems to be the pen compartment is wider than it needs to be.

My quick fix was just to cut the cardboard insert in two halves, along the base of the compartment where the pen sits. It then folded together easily enough to make a narrower compartment, allowing more room for the cards either side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What sleeves did you use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday 63.5x88mm Premium. I've just checked the Kickstarter page, and they are the ones shown in the add-ons.

This is the end result. It's only a subtle change. I didn't take a before, unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked UltraPro Pro-Matte sleeves and they have the same problem.

Looking at the space available I think one of the brands of 'perfect fit' sleeves would work without modification of the insert.

But, modifying the insert looks to be relatively easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do this doesn't it make the whole insert narrower? In which case the under doesnt reach the sides of the box. Or am i missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does make it narrower; there's about a 2-3mm gap either end. I was going to take a photo of the empty box with just the insert, but when I remove the cards, the insert springs outwards, concealing the gap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddest Hatter has posted a fix without any cutting, just altering the position of one of the creases. I was too impatient to try figuring this out (my cards were already sleeved, and I wanted them back in the box pronto whistle ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.