Subject: Solitaire Suitability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Costa
Portugal
Carcavelos
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How playable is this game solo? Any hidden information?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paulo, I'm strictly a solo player. I just started going through the rules the last couple days and there doesn't seem to be anything that would not make the game solo unfriendly. I did a word search for hide and hidden and neither word appears in the text.

I'm going to play a quick game of 2WW: The War in Europe first, as soon as it arrives, and I'll follow that with TSWW. If I find anything I have to work around to make it a good solo game I'll post something here in the forum. It looks like a really cool game. Table space may be the limiting factor for some. There's both an ETO and PTO map, and a smaller Strategic Map. However there are theater specific scenarios in addition to the Campaign. There are a handful of training scenarios. You can download the rules and scenario book (with example of play) from OSS. The counters are big are extra think! They stack really well, and I like that.

I'm really looking forward to a good time with this game.

Cheers.
Chris

BTW 2WW is also from One Small Step Games, and is smaller, easier and quicker. Apparently the whole campaign can be played in about 4-6 hours. Those rules are on the OSS website as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Costa
Portugal
Carcavelos
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Chris for heads up on 2WW: The War in Europe. It seems to be also quite interesting also.
Please let us know if you find anything less suitable for solo play on their system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.