Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my game this week, and two of my minis are broken.

The dude with the spear, his spear is broken.

The victim the game came shattered in about 6 pieces.

I've tried contacting the customer service email, but haven't heard anything back.

Anyone know if they are offering replacement parts?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far the response has been "we don't have replacements because they have been lost somewhere so glue it".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate resin so much.

I'm an experienced modeller, and avoid it like the plague.

Absolutely useless with these minis, too, seeing as how they are barely board game quality to begin with.

I'll probably just replace them with some Reaper Bones figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
The victim miniature is not shattered (at least I hope so). It is not glued together so it can be painted. It was impossible to paint the female in the cage after the whole figure was finished.

I am sorry for the other figure. Unfortunately the manufacturer in China did not send all the minis we ordered and paid for (they were meant as reserve for cases like yours). So we have nothing to send atm. We are trying to resolve the problem, but it is difficult as the second side stopped to communicate.

Please, glue it together. And the victim as well, but in that case no sooner than you finish the painting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
but it is difficult as the second side stopped to communicate.

This is like throwing stones in a glasshouse.

Sorry folks, but your customer service is abysmal.

I bought the doors and the promo wound deck thru the webstore.
Received a mail that thanked for my payment and confirmed the order.

Gave it a bit time since I did not expect to "get it next day".

Waited for 4 weeks. NOTHING.

Contacted the store. 3 days later a package arrived with just the doors. Still missing the promo wound deck.

Tried to contact the shop thru mail twice: NOTHING. Mailer-Daemon failure.

Finally reached out to one of the designers thru BGG. "Yes, sorry, we'll send it again".

Received an envelope thru their German Distributor ? "Attacke" and an apology - mail. Opened the envelope: Contained: Spiel 2016 Wound promo card and Mogdbah deck (which I now have 3 times!).

Contacted the designer AND Attacke: received nothing but silence.

Right now considering to involve PayPal since this is a joke. One should be able to send a deck of 9 cards that are ordered thru the webstore.

The Game: Great, really, really great.

The Company (read: Customer Support): gulp

As long as everything is ok it's easy to hold the head up. shake
When "problems" arrive true companies shine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphawolf wrote:

As long as everything is ok it's easy to hold the head up. shake
When "problems" arrive true companies shine.

Well, Perdition's Mouth has had rather extraordinary set of circumstances during it's development and production, so I kinda feel bad for most of folks involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Kunz, I don't know who you actually HAVE contacted, but not me. I am sorry about the problems with Attacke.

But we really try our very best to serve. And we are not known for UNRESPONSIVINESS.

For what it comes to replacement miniatures, it'd be nice if we would be able to do so. But sadly we didn't even get all miniatures for every box (eg. we have still some boxes that are missing miniatures and hence
cannot be sold) and the producer is anything but responsive.

I know that some of you think that I should mold myself to become plastic miniatures, but my family objects such decision vehemently.

Yes, the only thing we CAN do is to ask people to glue miniatures that we can't replace. And YES the Girl-in-cage is always shipped in parts.

What it comes to resin as a material, that is dividing opinions quite clearly. Some really love it due to more detail, some absolutely hate it due to fragility.

Thus, don't contact Attacke. That doesn't help one bit. You know MY address and our team address. We have not left mails unreplied, as far as I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
Mr. Kunz, I don't know who you actually HAVE contacted, but not me. I am sorry about the problems with Attacke.

But we really try our very best to serve. And we are not known for UNRESPONSIVINESS.

For what it comes to replacement miniatures, it'd be nice if we would be able to do so. But sadly we didn't even get all miniatures for every box (eg. we have still some boxes that are missing miniatures and hence
cannot be sold) and the producer is anything but responsive.

I know that some of you think that I should mold myself to become plastic miniatures, but my family objects such decision vehemently.

Yes, the only thing we CAN do is to ask people to glue miniatures that we can't replace. And YES the Girl-in-cage is always shipped in parts.

What it comes to resin as a material, that is dividing opinions quite clearly. Some really love it due to more detail, some absolutely hate it due to fragility.

Thus, don't contact Attacke. That doesn't help one bit. You know MY address and our team address. We have not left mails unreplied, as far as I know.

I can't stand resin. Been modeling my entire life (since the early '90s) and have always actively avoided it. It's too fragile, and doesn't look any better. GW's minis are hard plastic, and they detail absolutely destroys the detail of the resin minis in this game. Resin is also a pain in the ass to glue, seeing as how so many glues absolutely destroy resin.

I just tossed the minis in the garbage and will use proxies.

You all still haven't responded to my customer service inquiry I sent via your website.

Hopefully you get some replacements at some point so you can respond properly to your customers. Still have the pictures if you want to see them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
The victim miniature is not shattered (at least I hope so). It is not glued together so it can be painted. It was impossible to paint the female in the cage after the whole figure was finished.

I am sorry for the other figure. Unfortunately the manufacturer in China did not send all the minis we ordered and paid for (they were meant as reserve for cases like yours). So we have nothing to send atm. We are trying to resolve the problem, but it is difficult as the second side stopped to communicate.

Please, glue it together. And the victim as well, but in that case no sooner than you finish the painting.

I tried gluing it, but the glue melted and destroyed the resin.

Hard plastic is always better than resin. Just look at modern GW. They get WAY more detail on their minis, their minis aren't as fragile, and don't have any of the other problems associated with resin.

Had I known (should have researched) that the minis in this game were resin, I would not have ordered.

Here is what the super glue did to the model.

http://i.imgur.com/bmflwYt.jpg

For references purposes, just to show I'm not some modeling noob

http://i.imgur.com/jBeV3hO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Bojl1ZR.jpg

I know my way around building an painting minis. Not a professional by any stretch, but OK at table quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. What glue ARE you using? I've NEVER seen that happen short of using WAY too much plastic cement on a plastic model. Superglue works by infiltrating microscopic cracks in material and then transforming into a solid, holding those cracks together. It doesn't actually melt or transform anything.

Some of those marks DO look like fingerprints, such as on the cage. If that's true, that's not the glue's fault. You can also "mess up" superglue by accelerating its drying too much - accelerators are good only if you have a spot that will not be seen or well painted as the acceleration typically turns the glue frosty/white instead of clear. But that doesn't "melt" anything. The closest you would get is the heat released from the curing processes - but that's minor compared to what it takes to mold these. I use next-to-boiling water to soften these up and position them as I want. Glue curing - if it heated that much, you would see fires occurring from basic use of glue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rpvt wrote:
Wow. What glue ARE you using? I've NEVER seen that happen short of using WAY too much plastic cement on a plastic model. Superglue works by infiltrating microscopic cracks in material and then transforming into a solid, holding those cracks together. It doesn't actually melt or transform anything.

Some of those marks DO look like fingerprints, such as on the cage. If that's true, that's not the glue's fault. You can also "mess up" superglue by accelerating its drying too much - accelerators are good only if you have a spot that will not be seen or well painted as the acceleration typically turns the glue frosty/white instead of clear. But that doesn't "melt" anything. The closest you would get is the heat released from the curing processes - but that's minor compared to what it takes to mold these. I use next-to-boiling water to soften these up and position them as I want. Glue curing - if it heated that much, you would see fires occurring from basic use of glue!

That was straight super glue, no accelerated drying.

Again, I'm not a complete modeling noob. Never seen this happen before.

In the last 2 months, I've built hundreds of plastic minis, using plastic cement and super glue. This has never happened.

I knew I shouldn't use plastic cement with resin, so I used super glue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So... what brand? If nothing else, let us know as a Public Service Announcement so the rest of us can avoid it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then again, the cage was nearly impossible to assemble. It was broken into 4 pieces (two sides, both sides in two parts?), with no good secure points to glue. Not sure how many piece it was supposed to be. All told. with the cage and hook, the model was in 6 pieces.

I've assemble 28mm minis with 12 or so parts, so I'm used to working with multi piece, small plastic minis.

But ultimately I just tossed the model into the garbage, and will use a better proxy. Not that big of a deal. It's not even that great of a sculpt to begin with. I'm sure I can find something much better to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://mainframecustom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Brush...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

The model was supposed to be separate pieces. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/509519175/perditions-mo...) I think mine was four pieces though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rpvt wrote:
Thanks.

The model was supposed to be separate pieces. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/509519175/perditions-mo...) I think mine was four pieces though.

I had a couple of spikes on the top broken off, too.

It was definitely damaged beyond what was supposed to be normal.

However, every other game company I've ever dealt with has replaced damaged minis.

I've gotten damaged minis replaced my FFG, CMON and GW. GW has sent me replacement cardboard that was damaged from being poked by the plastic in shipping! Great customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Small company that got shorted on their supplies from the manufacturer. They're doing what they can. Timo's got his heart and soul in this (and hopefully not his house). I'm really surprised you haven't gotten a response - give it a try again to make sure it didn't get lost some place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rpvt wrote:
Thanks.

Interesting. Looking over what was supposed to be included, I don't think I got any of the Chil'eens, and not enough guards. If I'm remembering correctly, I only got 2 dudes with the blow guns.

I'll have to double check when I get home tonight.

My copy was brand new, shrink wrapped and everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Two guards are too few. Here is the component list what should be in various versions of the game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/efdxqq59lc5o7lh/PM_Component_Sheet...

This list is more precise than some numbers in the printed materials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
Two guards are too few. Here is the component list what should be in various versions of the game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/efdxqq59lc5o7lh/PM_Component_Sheet...

This list is more precise than some numbers in the printed materials.

Thanks. I'll check and compare tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
D_Davis wrote:
rpvt wrote:
Thanks.

Interesting. Looking over what was supposed to be included, I don't think I got any of the Chil'eens, and not enough guards. If I'm remembering correctly, I only got 2 dudes with the blow guns.

I'll have to double check when I get home tonight.

My copy was brand new, shrink wrapped and everything.

Daniel,
to get replies, it would really help if you'd provide a real, working, email address. We did reply to your mail within 12 hours.

<twincanakiko@gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.131.26] said:
550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please
try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Have you listened to our YouTube Podcast "Die Nische" yet? :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry to hear that some of you had a Bad experience with the costumer Service.

I had broken minis too and got replacement directly. But that was in December, where only a few backers got their copies.

Thank you, Timo, for your Support.

Hopefully you can help others as well soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy is a DeLuxe copy and has an Elisa figurine broken, no Tharnix, and nothing related with the Witch Grotto expansion. is that possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Is you copy bought from where? Sure, it seems that all kinds of packing errors might happen.

Most typically WG is missing when you have Retail, instead of Kickstarter/Deluxe. Send me picture of box back lower left corner (UPC code) and some detail via email, please: timo.multamaki@dawnmatrix.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, Timo solved my problem fast and very kindly.

Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.