Firefly: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: Firefly missing 50 cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
I just bought Firefly board game, i should say i am in England and the contents are different from America.
I have checked the contents of the box and everything agrees except the total amount of cards. The back of the box says there are 431 cards, i have checked the cards a number of times and there is only 381, 50 cards less.
Dose anyone know if the box is right or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
United Kingdom
Stoke Gifford
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered the game today as well, (should get it tomorrow) so cannot confirm the actual number of cards, but according to the rulebook

5 Supply Decks - 25 Cards Each
5 Contact Decks - 25 Cards Each
2 Nav Decks - 40 Cards Each
Misbehave Deck - 40 Cards
11 Set Up Cards

That adds up to 381 cards. There are also 4 Ship Cards and 6 Story Cards, but they are not standard size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Each of 5 Contacts should have 25 cards = 125

Each of 5 Supply Decks should have 25 cards = 125

The two Nav Decks and Misbehave Deck should have 40 each = 120

I believe there are 7 leaders and 4 Drive Core in the "You Can't Take the Sky" deck = 11

That brings us to 381.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but if I am, I'm sure someone will weigh in.

EDIT: Posted over Bruno. Arrived at the same conclusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Item for Geeklist "Card Sleeve Sizes for Games"

The card sleeve list shows this at 381 as well.

Unless your edition supposedly came with the Firefly: The Game – Breakin' Atmo 50-card expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey Klenetsky
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Yeah, what ^^^^^ he said )

I wonder if GF9 was considering adding Breaking Atmo into the base game and then backed off on the idea after the "new" box art was complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
I have just noticed the rule book adds up to 381, but as the rules are for the American version i wondered if it was right because mine came with the Artful Dodger ship and Character card pack of 7 cards which neither are mentioned in the rule book.l am wondering if Breakin’ Atmo pack should of been included as well as there are 50 cards in it.
Anyone have any clue why the difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know they have alluded to the idea that BREAKIN' ATMO was largely "cut content" but I never knew if they meant literally or figuratively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.