Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! After seeing a few requests for it, I'm taking the reigns of the BGG.Spring Math Trade this year. Here are the planned dates for this year's trade:

Start Date: April 1 2017
End Date: May 1 2017 (6AM May 2)
Want List Deadline: May 8 2017 (6AM May 9)
Math Trade Meetup: Saturday May 27 at Noon, at BGG.Spring. Location Made in Texas - Central

I'll edit this header with the actual information, should there be any changes.

Here is the Math Trade Geeklist:

BGG.Spring 2017 No-Ship Math Trade

Here's some great info on Math Trades if you're new to the idea:

Lindsey's Math Trade Guide
Math Trade Wiki

We're a few weeks away from getting started, but feel free to discuss, ask questions, make plans, and so on!

Edit - Trade location confirmed! Made in Texas - Central at Noon on Friday Saturday!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.Spring 2017 Math Trade Discussion Thread - Trade is live!
The Math Trade for BGG.Spring is now live!

If you have any questions, ask away!

If you have any games, trade away!

If you have any pranks, put them back in your closet! My daughter zip tied all the cupboards in the house this morning. And zip tied the scissors. It's been a great day to start a math trade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your game version is a different name than the BGG main entry for the game, you can use +altname+ Description of Item -altname- to have the name of your version show up on the OLWLG. This is also handy for stuff that isn't in the BGG database.

2 more weeks! I should go add a few more games to the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to add more as well! I wish there was a magic way to just click a button for "Import all my marked as trade items".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the OLWLG, if you sync your collection, you can then click the first icon under the math trade name, and it will pull up all the For Trade items in your collection. Then you can easily put in a description and add them directly to the geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ytter wrote:
On the OLWLG, if you sync your collection, you can then click the first icon under the math trade name, and it will pull up all the For Trade items in your collection. Then you can easily put in a description and add them directly to the geeklist.

Awesome! I've done math trades at every bgg.con I've been to and didn't know that! Thanks so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
breakfastcore wrote:
ytter wrote:

Awesome! I've done math trades at every bgg.con I've been to and didn't know that! Thanks so much.

No, seriously. Holy shit, Dan that was a million times easier. I don't know how I missed that in the other trades I've done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad that worked for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monday is the last day to add games to the Math Trade! So far we are at over 1000% more games in the math trade than last year! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.Spring 2017 Math Trade Discussion Thread - Want Lists Period is open!
The math trade is closed for new entries!

You have until end of day next Monday, May 8, to submit your want lists!

Remember, it's not submitted unless you get a geekmail confirmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo! Last minute addition, just under the wire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P

Mansfield
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, new to math trades as this is my first one. Do we send our wants list directly to you Dan? Or do we need do it through OLWLG?

If so, Im having a hard time logging in to OLWLG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to submit through the OLWLG. If you haven't signed up for it before, you just use the link that it geekmails to you:

Quote:
First visit the OLWLG Website then...

Login to the tool using your BoardGameGeek username. This is a two part step. First you'll provide the tool your BoardGameGeek username. The tool will send you a geekmail (on BGG) with a link you'll need to use that will end up logging you into the tool.

Note: if you are restricting Internet cookies, you need to allow the cookie BGGID to be set. This is the only way the tool can remember who you are.

Note: BoardGameGeek needs to be up at the time, login requests aren't queued, and the OLWLG currently doesn't detect failure trying to send the geekmail. If you don't receive the geekmail and BGG is up and running, try the login link request again.

More OLWLG stuff here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

After you login to the OLWLG, you can click the name of the BGG.Spring 2017 No-Ship Math Trade on there to create your want list. Scroll down the list and click the Add button next to each game you would be interested in receiving.

After you have added games to your want list, then you goto Step 4, and look over your wants to verify everything. Then you can click the Green "Submit Your Lists Here".

Make sure you select the Grey "Submit Wants" button on the submit page. You will receive a geekmail confirmation if they were submitted correctly.

You can change your wants anytime by making changes, then submitting again, so it doesn't hurt to submit early.

Submit early, and submit often! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight is the deadline to submit your want lists! Tomorrow morning sometime after 6am, I'll run it through the Trade Maximizer and publish the results!

The location has now been confirmed as Made in Texas - Central, Noon on Saturday for the exchanges. Everyone is expected to be there to trade their games, unless you make direct plans with your trade partners to meet at a different time.

We're almost there! 3 weeks! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The results are in! Goto the OLWLG and click on the results summary link to see what trades you got. I'll be sending out a request for phone numbers from all traders to facilitate trades.

See you all at BGG.Spring!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Thigpen
United States
Palestine
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just looking at the OP is the meet up on friday or saturday? there seems to be conflicting information.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on Saturday! I found where I put Friday at the bottom of the message up top, and have updated it to Saturday. Thanks for the catch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice trade everyone, and thanks Dan! I'm happy with my four trades (assuming I like the games, ha ha).

Glancing at the list, looks like there were some really great ones. Of course the ones that were involved with games I traded or received caught my eye the most, but Telestrations After Dark for Noblemen and Praetor for Factory Fun look like huge wins! And Eight Minute Empire for Dungeon Lords - just saw that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Backlash27 wrote:
Nice trade everyone, and thanks Dan! I'm happy with my four trades (assuming I like the games, ha ha).

Glancing at the list, looks like there were some really great ones. Of course the ones that were involved with games I traded or received caught my eye the most, but Telestrations After Dark for Noblemen and Praetor for Factory Fun look like huge wins! And Eight Minute Empire for Dungeon Lords - just saw that.

I'm very happy about Factory Fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
breakfastcore wrote:
Backlash27 wrote:

I'm very happy about Factory Fun!

PM me if you want to try to get in a play during the con! I only played it once (at the fall con last year) but it was great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Factory Fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a rock....

I take that back, I DID actually make a trade.

YAY! Go ME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Navarrete
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noblemen and Praetor are crap games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's all subjective. I enjoyed Noblemen when I played it. Haven't tried Praetor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Venent wrote:
Noblemen and Praetor are crap games?

Oh no! I liked Noblemen quite a bit. But I couldn't get it to the table again after that first play. A familiar sad story for many of us, I'm sure. And I'm definitely looking forward to praetor.

I just based my statement on the apparent current dollar value from Amazon, geek market, etc. In the end hopefully all parties are happy.

(Although I admit I was pretty much saying Noblemen has got to be way better than telestrations after dark...maybe you read my statement backwards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.