Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i have never had my a&& handed to me so completely by Elder Sign the way it just did...

The three Investigators started the game off badly: a locked green die and several At Midnight effects, one of which curses all Investigators. Short a green die, we were unable to get rid of that Curse Everyone adventure. At the first stroke of midnight we all became cursed and a Mythos card locked the red die. With two locked dice and a Curse on every Investigator, we were unable to put a scratch in the Curse Everyone adventure. When midnight came around a second time, all of the cursed Investigators were cursed again, i.e. devoured. Rather than draw three new Investigators and have to deal with the same set of At Midnight effects, i conceded.

Holy cow, that was a butt-whooping!

(Base game plus Unseen Forces, btw.)

R.I.P. Rita Young, Harvey Walters, and Jim Culver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Git gud?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dug fromthearth
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
we usually win, but if we start with multiple locked dice or at midnight effects we usually lose. It can be brutal.

I've forgotten that getting cursed again makes you devoured - we've been playing that getting cursed again has no effect. Need to re-read the rules again I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a perfect S**t Storm indeed! Damn!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why Elder Sign will have a predominate spot when I have "AHHHH!!!!Con"...a con of just brutal, co-op games of no hope. :)

Eldritch Horror will also be featured. i love a nice co-op that beats you on it's last turn when you've already completed all the win conditions. :)

Sounds like a fun, but brutal beat. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.