Popular Tags: [View All]
David Levesque
Canada
Verdun
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to organize the season 2 forums of Exceed better? Having 4 products makes it awkward to organize forums I think.. Requires 4 upload of files that are relevant to a whole season, potentially splits the conversation, definitely splits the ranking.

Since there is time to think about it, maybe there is a better way to do this. Like use versions rather than separate entries, or just an entry for the season, or marking one principal and others as standalone expansions.. Something to centralize rankings and discussions would clearly be nice

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Absolutely. I think Exceed should only have one entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just how BGG wants things done now (as opposed to in the past, as evidenced by the Magic and L5R pages). You really should post general questions to the Exceed Family Page, but that's harder to find. What will happen, like with Thunderstone Advance and the other systems set-up like this is that the first game will end up becoming the 'system' page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That stinks. The Family section doesn't seem to have a files section, nor does it have the ability to make posts other than 'general', so you can't post rules questions, or variants into the appropriate categories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoubleH wrote:
This is just how BGG wants things done now (as opposed to in the past, as evidenced by the Magic and L5R pages). You really should post general questions to the Exceed Family Page, but that's harder to find. What will happen, like with Thunderstone Advance and the other systems set-up like this is that the first game will end up becoming the 'system' page.

yeah, it really is BGG's way of handling it. Basically, it works with units that somehow get published as products (even if it's just online/PnP). AFAIK there are no plans to change that. For example, the Summoner Wars page is in the process of being split, such that content goes to the relevant game/expansion pages. So the direction is rather towards tightening the existing system rather than loosening it up.

CCGs/TCGs are a special thing. The reasoning behind it is that the game packages (boosters) have randomized contents. So they don't really follow the "standalone base game", "expansion" paradigm. Nor do they work along "integrates with" lines. So they basically made an exception for those games as the other format wouldn't have made any sense whatsoever. The Force of Will CCG is evidence that this has more to do with the format (CCG/TCG) than with the date of publication (Force of Will is a 2014 release).

--

All those notes aside: Yeah, I agree the current system is not optimal, though I can see how it's user-friendly in certain ways. At a glance, I can see what I can buy from a given system, for example; in many cases, I can put the exact information about ownership, owning of parts, trading etc. without any trouble of specifying which exact thing it is that I'm willing to trade (or so I think, never having been part of a trade on here ). But I do think the family pages need more love and more functionality from BGG. On the other hand, users don't like them too much, I guess, so it might be a vicious circle of users not liking them, therefore not using them, therefore giving BGG the impression that there are more urgent tasks, ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.