24 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault – The Bespin Gambit» Forums » Rules

Subject: Murne Rim False Orders Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Baramon
msg tools
I just want to confirm we got it right.

1)If current threat level 0 she could use False Orders on Bobba Fet for example and use all of his skills etc?

2) If figure is within the group that has attachments she's getting these benefits right?

3)What about class cards that can be activated before the attack, does she has access to them as well?

4)False order has been used on Probe droid and it was last activation in that round can she explode him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Seems you are confusing "threat level" with "threat". Threat level is the amount you increase threat by in the status phase and is a fixed value unless a mission rule says otherwise. Threat level will never be high enough for Murne to control Fett...

2) Yes.

3) Class card abilities that are always active are used. Class card abilities with a cost cannot be used.

4) No, because it is not part of the attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
1) So if Threat is static value of 3, anyone with 3 or lower are vulnerable to her attack? And she can do 2 in a row if she has enough endurance and didn't move?

3)Do we have official confirmation for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baramon wrote:
1) So if Threat is static value of 3, anyone with 3 or lower are vulnerable to her attack? And she can do 2 in a row if she has enough endurance and didn't move?

3)Do we have official confirmation for this?

1) Yes, but remember we are talking about the "threat level", not "threat". And no, she can't ever do it twice in a row. Special actions can only be used once per activation.

3) I believe it has been officially confirmed...but I'm not gonna go looking for it. Maybe someone else will...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
Thanks because it seemed too nasty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some errors in the above responses. I'll address them all...

1: The correction on the definition of the threat level was correct. However, you cannot use False Orders twice in the same activation. You can only use each Special action once per activation and False Orders is a Special action.

2: The rulebooks for the expansions give a little more detail about what it means to attack with someone else's figure. Indeed, you can use all abilities of that figure during the attack, including those granted by attachments (but not other Imperial Class cards of course).

3: There is definitely no ruling on cost, although the Rebel players can't spend threat themselves, I guess. I'm not sure such cards exist, could you provide examples? I'm also not sure what you mean by 'before the attack'. Examples would be useful.

4: The Probe Droids explode in the Status Phase with other end of round effects. It does not happen at the end of the Activatoon Phase. The RRG lists the steps of the Status Phase clearly and I suggest you revise them. In particular, you may note it's possible to deploy a Probe Droid and have it blow up in the same round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
additional: 4. False Orders controls the figure only for the duration of the attack. Self-Destruct is not an attack, and like Clipper says happens at the end of round step of the status phase.

Also, the imperial player controls the imperial cards, so any ability on those that has a cost is decided by the imperial player. Attachments that have costs are the figure's abilities and can be used in the attack.

Status Phase
1.Increase Threat
2.Ready
3.Deploy / Reinforce
4.End of Round effects - mission events first, then imperial effects, then rebel effects (if any)
5.Increase Round Dial

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
Clipper wrote:
There are some errors in the above responses. I'll address them all...

1: The correction on the definition of the threat level was correct. However, you cannot use False Orders twice in the same activation. You can only use each Special action once per activation and False Orders is a Special action.

2: The rulebooks for the expansions give a little more detail about what it means to attack with someone else's figure. Indeed, you can use all abilities of that figure during the attack, including those granted by attachments (but not other Imperial Class cards of course).

3: There is definitely no ruling on cost, although the Rebel players can't spend threat themselves, I guess. I'm not sure such cards exist, could you provide examples? I'm also not sure what you mean by 'before the attack'. Examples would be useful.

4: The Probe Droids explode in the Status Phase with other end of round effects. It does not happen at the end of the Activatoon Phase. The RRG lists the steps of the Status Phase clearly and I suggest you revise them. In particular, you may note it's possible to deploy a Probe Droid and have it blow up in the same round.

3) I meant Imperial class card In the Shadows - http://cards.boardwars.eu/index.php?album=Expansion-Boxes/Th...

From answer above it can be used by Rebel player playing False Orders by Murne Rim but other Imperial cards with cost can't be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, In the Shadows cannot be used with False Orders. In the Shadows is controlled by the Imperial player, it has an exhaust cost, and it is not an ability of the figure being controlled.

Also the timing is wrong. False Orders does not happen at the start of an activation, and the figure False Orders performs the attack with is not activating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
but what about other Imperial class cards? If if timing is right and can I use this card to block False Orders? http://cards.boardwars.eu/index.php?album=Expansion-Boxes/Th...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you were asking what abilities the attacking figure (under Murne's control) can use.

Shadow Armor can be used by the Imperial player to defend against the attack. (If the exhaust cost can be paid.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
a1bert wrote:
I thought you were asking what abilities the attacking figure (under Murne's control) can use.

Shadow Armor can be used by the Imperial player to defend against the attack. (If the exhaust cost can be paid.)

I guess all abilities can be use that has right timing - Attack right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baramon wrote:
a1bert wrote:

When you are controlling a figure, you can use any abilities on the deployment card or attachments, and any abilities on class cards that are always affecting Imperial figures...because a controlled figure is both rebel and imperial during the attack. No class cards that require a cost can be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baramon wrote:

For the imperial player and defender everything else happens normally except the attacker is a little unusual (your own figure).

From Murne's side, the figure she controls get to use all of its own abilities, and any always-available ability that does not have a cost or choice and does not depend on the figure being friendly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
No class cards that require a cost can be used.

This isn't quite right either. Exhausting a card is a cost, and you could use an attachment Class card attached to the figure. If a figure had an ability that said to suffer 1 damage to add 1 damage to the attack results or something, you could use that too.

To simplify, the abilities that's can be used must:
1) be usable during an attack; and,
2) be abilities of the figure.

Non-attachment Imperial Class cards that comply with condition 2 will say something along the lines of 'Imperial figures have ability X' or 'Imperial figures gain: ability X'. Note that the text is literally granting the ability to the figure involved and that is why it can be used during a controlled attack.

Nothing is really tied to costs. It's all about whether the figure itself owns the action or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachi C
msg tools
mb
Clipper wrote:
csouth154 wrote:
No class cards that require a cost can be used.

This isn't quite right either. Exhausting a card is a cost, and you could use an attachment Class card attached to the figure. If a figure had an ability that said to suffer 1 damage to add 1 damage to the attack results or something, you could use that too.

To simplify, the abilities that's can be used must:
1) be usable during an attack; and,
2) be abilities of the figure.

Non-attachment Imperial Class cards that comply with condition 2 will say something along the lines of 'Imperial figures have ability X' or 'Imperial figures gain: ability X'. Note that the text is literally granting the ability to the figure involved and that is why it can be used during a controlled attack.

Nothing is really tied to costs. It's all about whether the figure itself owns the action or not.

So, during false order this ability (exhaust this card while attacking to reroll any number of dice) can be used, right?

http://cards.boardwars.eu/index.php?album=Expansion-Boxes/Re...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually not sure if the attacker may exhaust that card or if only the IP may exhaust his card.

Also I wonder about http://cards.boardwars.eu/index.php?album=Expansion-Boxes/Re... as well. It would be clear if it said. All Imperial figures gain +1 pierce. So it may be that the IP adds the pierce.

Has there been an official ruling somewhere. (And no, a Clipper response on BGG is not official enough for me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Attachments are explicitly figure abilities, so Assassins can be used by the figure under Murne's control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. No official response is needed as it is right there in the rules. The rules for controlling attacks of a figure you control are very clear. The figure also remains an Imperial figure, so Find the Weakness applies.

The Imperial player would only be able to choose not to activate it or not if the instruction included something to indicate it was optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachi C
msg tools
mb
a1bert wrote:
Attachments are explicitly figure abilities, so Assassins can be used by the figure under Murne's control.

Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roelof Heijden
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've read some threads on Murne's False Orders already, but I still have questions on the following:

Can Murne use False Orders on a Nexu and perform Pounce?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
l0ft3r wrote:
Can Murne use False Orders on a Nexu and perform Pounce?

No.

Pounce is a special action. False Orders does not allow to perform an Action with the figure, False Orders allows to perform an attack (not even an Attack action) with the controlled figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adel Port
msg tools
For the mission 'Return to Echo Base' in the Hoth campaign, the mission states that...

-The threat level is equal to the current round.

-Set the round counter to 3. Then, increase the round counter by 1 for each Bane in the Imperial player's play are.

Does Murne's False Orders ability scale with this? I'm assuming that rules as written it would. I've never played the mission before, I know its supposed to be a difficult one for Rebels and I have no idea how many rounds it might take. But having said that, with the threat level increasing each round and starting at a minimum of 3, it sounds crazy that in just a few rounds she can use false orders on a lot of the elite, single figure deployments as well as elite unique figures in what is basically a threat level 4 mission in any other campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is one of the few missions where the Threat Level changes during the mission, so False Orders is affected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.