Rusty Shackleford
msg tools
Just received my copy and started punching out the cutouts.

Double checked the monsters, it seems I'm missing 3 of one type at least, as I have number 3, 4, and 6. I know some counts go to 10, other 6, but i was hoping there was a definitive list somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Vandermeulen
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This page includes counts of each monster type:
http://www.cephalofair.com/gloomhaven-monster-spoilers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I had someone missing, but when I went back over the punchboard, it had missed a couple. The other thing, I had mis sorted some of the monsters and had a pile of the front picture and a pile of the back picture and didn't notice. Don't sort tokens for this game tired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
msg tools
Hmm I have 10 vermling shamans. Is the list out of date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac confirmed in a thread I created that there were accidentally too many vermling shamans printed. The monster spoilers has the correct intended monster counts, the punchboard is what's incorrect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Infinityfringe wrote:
Just received my copy and started punching out the cutouts.

Double checked the monsters, it seems I'm missing 3 of one type at least, as I have number 3, 4, and 6. I know some counts go to 10, other 6, but i was hoping there was a definitive list somewhere.

How many punchboards do you have? You should have 18 of them, they are all clearly numbered 1 to 18 (e.g. 01-Front/01-Back ... 18-Frint/18-Back).

If you have all 18 of the punchboards, then you should have all the components.

Not sure what you mean by "as I have number 3, 4, and 6".

You receive the following monster standees.

There are 34 different groups of monsters (for a total of 226 standees)

8 monsters have 10 standees each
21 monsters have 6 standees each
5 monsters have 4 standees each

Plus, there are 13 boss monsters (for a total of 14 standees)
12 boss monsters are singles
1 boss monster has 2 standees

This comes to a total of 240 standees (226+14), not 236 as listed in the rulebook. Make sure you have 34 different monster groups and a separate pile of the 14 Boss standees. You might have sorted out the same monster into two piles of 3 and not notice they are in fact the same. Use the Monster Stat Sheets to check the image to ensure you group them together correctly.

BTW, in case you ask... Damage Tokens.
The game comes with 28 x1 Damage Tokens, not 30.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Shackleford
msg tools
Thanks, that is exactly what I needed. Found the missing ones, the cat pilfered them when I was in the restroom. Should have been organizing them as I punched them out instead of punching them all out into the top box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sweeney

Sanford
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DefJukie wrote:
Hmm I have 10 vermling shamans. Is the list out of date?

This is weird, because in my copy I have 6 shamans, and 4 extra punchouts that are the same shape as the shaman standees but are just blank white cardboard. My copy of the rulebook says there should be 240 monster standees, but I only have 236, and I was somewhat concerned about what was going on until I read this thread and realized the obvious mistakes that were made here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sorry to post on an old thread. I didn't when I first got my copy check all the pieces etc. However, I have now and have appear to have 236 monster standees, but I have 3 plain white and 1 black/white. Is this correct?

Many thanks for any replies in advance. I hope the image works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, that is "normal".
The original printing of the game had 10 Vermling Shamans, but that was adjusted down to 6 in the revisions leading up to the second printing (for game balance purposes, perhaps?).
However, instead of retooling the cutting machinery at the factory, they just adjusted the print graphic, which resulted in these 4 "blanks".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Many thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.