Subject: Soon in stock in UK but the price!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an email saying the game is now in stock here in the UK. Game was on my radar to buy but no more I'm afraid as the price is £80 with the solo expansion going for £38 surprise

I know the pound has fallen in value but £118 for a full copy of the game is ridiculous. What's even more annoying is that it is on sale on the Flying Pig website atm for $50!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Farrell
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew,

You are absolutely right. Those prices are ridiculous. If you're going to spend several hundred dollars on a game you might as well do it right. Get on a plane, fly to Kentucky, the heartland of the US. I'll pick you up at the airport and we'll go do some normal Kentucky stuff, ride horses, shoot guns, drink bourbon, play '65, LNL, maybe OST and then you can fly home with your $50 copy of '65.

You might be able to tell by my name I'm Irish, but I don't hold no grudges to the English as I got kin on that side too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never been to Kentucky but I love bourbon and shooting sounds like fun. Not so keen on horses though. Can we ride motorbikes and shoot and drink instead

And I'm not English, I just live here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ellis
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting - can you tell me who in the UK is going to import the game?

At present, Flying Pig has no distributers in the UK, although a friend of mine was talking to Mark Walker at Origins last year and there was some mention of his games being imported.

Its more OST that I'm interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgameguru is where I saw it for sale

http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/65-squad-level-combat-in-the-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ellis
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Not sure how I missed it since I check what they have quite often. They also tend to be one of the best retailers for service and price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.