Gloomhaven» Forums » Variants

Subject: So I thought up a character rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canyon Lynn
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
And because Gloomhaven is awesome I made a google Doc with the character idea (And all the ability cards I have thought up).

I would like it if others looked the character over and told me any potential problems (Too much XP, too little XP, Not enough damage, Too complicated, Etc)

The quick synopsis of the character is this: An elemental war machine built to aid war mages and steal the energy from opposing war mages. It specializes in either stealing Mana for effects. Or locking and generating mana for its allies to use. Some of its cards affect the mana board and it has "Power Cores" Which form a separate pile of 3 cards that impact how it can interact with mana.(It always has one of these active) Now I am afraid that the character might be a bit too complicated or have too many things going on. For example some of the cards cause the harvester to take damage, and i'm not sure whether anyone who would potentially play this character would want that. So all comments are welcome.

Also I haven't thought up perks. And I'm not sure how much health would work with a character like this. So any ideas would be appreciated!
Here it is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/167stmKAoGb2pL-4KSD_VZwOs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knut K
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I'm playing the Cragheart this one looks really interesting with its elemental mechanics. On the first the Elemental harvester has too much moves on the upper abilities and attacks on the lower abilities. That make him a jack of all trades, ever moving and attacking and manipulating the elements.

I would like to see the core-mechanic on the regular cards. That would make it a little easier. You could make it on the lower ability-cards maybe with Move 1 and activate Core X (is in play till another core is activated, then gets discarded). Alternatively: Move 3/4 or Activate Core X.

And on the upper ability of the Core card put strong lost-abilities that represent the vibe of the core. Neutral Core upper ability: Attack 3 Range 4 plus 6x: Consume any element: Add Target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.