Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael McFarlin
United States
Hainesville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market must have just gotten another restock of Scythe. Looks like 85 copies at the moment at $80.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/stm600.html

I know some Hot Deals police may argue this isn't a Hot Deal, but it is a hard to find, in demand game, and we've been told these sort of postings do not belong in the game's specific forum as it is promoting a specific store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
sax11 wrote:
I know some Hot Deals police may argue this isn't a Hot Deal, but it is a hard to find, in demand game, and we've been told these sort of postings do not belong in the game's specific forum as it is promoting a specific store.
I'm totally OK with having "hot re-stocks" in the Hot Deals forum.

But some may disagree. (hint: rhymes with Meffy-Mef)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure I've seen MM sell something with 20+ quantity at full MSRP with no discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny how it seems that every time MM gets more copies, they bump the price up a little more. When they got their initial stock last year fresh off the Kickstarter, I think it was $60.

Supply and demand!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not hot http://www.gamenerdz.com/scythe

per the web site 6 in stock at $62.97 with free shipping.

21% less with free shipping, I'll point out again just because it's in stock doesn't make it a hot deal

fightcitymayor wrote:
sax11 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tebald wrote:

21% less with free shipping, I'll point out again just because it's in stock doesn't make it a hot deal

fightcitymayor wrote:
sax11 wrote:

I recommend www.gamenerz.com for sure. Just orderd a copy earlier this week and received it today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friends don't let friends buy MSRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
tebald wrote:

And I'll point out that if you would have posted the GameNerdz deal you likely would have gotten 20+ thumbs and the thanks of many people who have not been able to buy one of the hottest releases in recent memory.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
But you didn't, because you're a greedy little boy who didn't bring enough for the entire class!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Any which way you look at it, the game is worth any price you can afford to pay. I have the retail version but I tricked it out with a custom insert, the expansion board, invaders, metal coins, ceramic resources, promo cards, etc etc.

I'm not sure how much money I have 'into' it at this point (prob around $200) but I wouldn't sell my copy for twice that. It's rewarding 'tricking' it out, especially a game this good. Not to mention the beauty of the artwork and what not.

$65, $80, $119.....whatever. The game is GREAT. The artwork and upgraded components are breathtaking. Don't let paying 'more than someone else did' prevent you from getting a game this awesome if you want it..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tebald wrote:

fightcitymayor wrote:
sax11 wrote:

And there's the post I've bee waiting for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will never own the game, I've played it and really, I'm one of the few that do not find anything amazing with the game.
I had done research on this game due to another hot post at MSRP and people get so excited they don't realize when something comes in stock it's normally at multiple outlets, but everyone is always trying to be the first they don't do their homework and normally post garbage like this and then people defend it.

I recall posting the new edition of Nefarious, when it was finally released and I had the lowest posted price but it didn't matter people were upset because it was a back in stock it didn't even matter it was the lowest price across the board.

This type of lack of research makes this thread worthless and the lower price I posted took me two min to find. (Due to an already posted thread)

fightcitymayor wrote:
tebald wrote:

And I'll point out that if you would have posted the GameNerdz deal you likely would have gotten 20+ thumbs and the thanks of many people who have not been able to buy one of the hottest releases in recent memory.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
But you didn't, because you're a greedy little boy who didn't bring enough for the entire class! :p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
Not sure I've seen MM sell something with 20+ quantity at full MSRP with no discount.

Maybe MM was bought by Ass-modee? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Down to 2 and don't worry, I won't buy one, I'll leave it to all the fine people that subscribe to the hot deals

http://www.gamenerdz.com/scythe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
tebald wrote:
Down to 2 and don't worry, I won't buy one, I'll leave it to all the fine people that subscribe to the hot deals

Once I heard the digital version was coming out this year, I sold my KS (standard) copy for a decent price and will play that for solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And just to go along with the theme of this thread Miniature Market has, In Stock 3885 games, hurry up and buy something before it goes out of stock
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tebald wrote:
And just to go along with the theme of this thread Miniature Market has, In Stock 3885 games, hurry up and buy something before it goes out of stock:p

Dang your really bent out of shape over the posting of this thread. Maybe you need to walk away for a bit and grab a Coke and a smile ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love everyone's passion, I think everyone has a game they love, if the requirement of posting a hot deal is opinion and love then I think everyone's on target, although I thought when I subscribed to the hot deals it would be hot deals not, "this is a great game and back in stock so it belongs here", Although I would say that's just "my opinion" which doesn't make me more right then the original poster, although there are guideline for a reason, I want to see discounted games posted here that are also fun.

And FYI Miniature Market is a great deal if your reference is Funagain at $89.00

batman15 wrote:
tebald wrote:
And just to go along with the theme of this thread Miniature Market has, In Stock 3885 games, hurry up and buy something before it goes out of stock:p

Dang your really bent out of shape over the posting of this thread. Maybe you need to walk away for a bit and grab a Coke and a smile ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tebald wrote:

If you aren't interested in the game, why are you still commenting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that missed out on the other deal, it's now out of stock, you can still get a copy at FRP games
http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=119890#....

$64 and they have a flat shipping for $9.95 or less, that's a total $74 out the door.

Also check out their clearance section they always have a gem hidden in there way below market price

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To show how much this is a joke, it's frustrating reading the fake news, oops, no I am not Trump whistle

TheGreatHamEl wrote:
tebald wrote:

If you aren't interested in the game, why are you still commenting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I could get the board extension and the coins for a decent price shipped.

And yeah I know meeple whoever has them, but $18 shipped ain't worth it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Longholes

Providence
Rhode Island
msg tools
badge
sax11 wrote:
Miniature Market must have just gotten another restock of Scythe. Looks like 85 copies at the moment at $80.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/stm600.html

Don't really want to but I have to ask: Wasn't this $72 a few days ago at MM, and was mentioned in the last wacky thread about Scythe in Hot Deals.. ?

I mean "wacky" like as a positive attribute, like a funny, recurring event that is is not annoying at all, and is probably helpful to other people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tebald wrote:

Thanks for this! Been waiting to get this in the $60 range and managed to pick up one of those 6 copies you mentioned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tebald wrote:
I love everyone's passion, I think everyone has a game they love, if the requirement of posting a hot deal is opinion and love then I think everyone's on target, although I thought when I subscribed to the hot deals it would be hot deals not, "this is a great game and back in stock so it belongs here"

Looking at the last page of the Hot Deals forum, there are 15 threads for games I already have, 20+ threads for games I am not interested in, and only 3 threads for games that I am interested in, but think I can get a better price if I wait. There were also 3 threads that resulted in me buying something. While I do have to separate the wheat from the chaff, very little of the chaff comes from back in stock threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This post should have settled the "is an in stock post a hot deal?" question once and for all.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/25034063#25034063

Continuing to whine about it, especially numerous times in a single thread, is way off topic.

And "Not a hot deal."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.