Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Nelson
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone think that this might be playable solo, or am I completely fooling myself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghorron
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's a two player campaign, one playing the Runner, the other playing the Corporation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallo
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You absolutely cannot play Netrunner in a proper way solo. There is a large amount of hidden information.

Have you played the Netrunner LGC? I find it strange you would ask if you did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nelson
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't. I recently acquired a fairly good size collection of stuff and haven't had a chance to read over everything yet. I saw this and thought it sounded pretty cool. Was just hoping that I might be able to play it by myself, as no one else seems even mildly interested in it around here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't see any way at all this will work solo -- the Netrunner base game already doesn't. Find a second person! It's the perfect thing to play through with a friend -- maybe the gamers you know are more interested in a limited campaign with a small cardpool (just Core Set and Terminal Directive) than a sprawling LCG.

Netrunner with the base set is really playable like a board game if you built the decks for both players, and I think Terminal Directive will appeal to people who otherwise would not be interested in a competitive card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MillicanDarque wrote:
I might be able to play it by myself, as no one else seems even mildly interested in it around here.

I just did a gamer search for 25 miles around Birmingham, AL. There were around 70 gamers here on boardgamegeek.

I would bet that at least one plays A:NR.

Worst case, you could drive the two hours and play with us in Tupelo, MS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
longhunter

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jinteki.net is the place to play Netrunner if you don't have a local opponent.

You can view some of the Terminal Directive cards there by looking under Cards--> Set-->Draft Cycle-->Terminal Directive.

The TD cards will be in play there very soon. Doubt that the site will be useful regarding actual TD campaigns, but stand-alone games with the new cards will be conducted around the clock.

The TD specific decks have not yet appeared on netrunnerdb.com...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Necr0mancer wrote:
You absolutely cannot play Netrunner in a proper way solo. There is a large amount of hidden information.

Have you played the Netrunner LCG? I find it strange you would ask if you did.

FTFY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gindlesperger
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...for what it's worth--there is a solo variant for Android: Netrunner floating around out there in the A:NR BGG page files section:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/87006/running-solo-an...

I've not tried it myself, but it's got a solid number of thumbs.

It's very likely that this solo ruleset won't work with Terminal Directive without some tweaking...but honestly, I don't know, having played neither.

Still--though it's maybe not the full A:NR experience to play solo, it is *possible*.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.