Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since they were cheap on Amazon, I picked up two sets (allowing 7 to 12 players). What would be a good recommendation for cultist numbers when playing with more than 6? How many before a second cthulhu is added, and what are it's effects? Are there other considerations when playing with that many?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyckyd
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you can check the translations of the french version of the game, which goes up to 8 players?
I don't know if that will help you with the influence of powers, as the French version doesn't have those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
would also love to know, great question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corina Cretu
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have the Necronomicon expansion, which adds support for up to 10 players (among other stuff).
The set-up is the following:
7 players: 5 investigators, 3 cultists; 27 futile investigation cards, 7 elder signs, 1 cthulhu
8 players: 6 investigators, 3 cultists; 31 futile investigation cards, 8 elder signs, 1 cthulhu
9 players: 6 investigators, 3 cultists; 35 futile investigation, 9 elder signs, 2 cthulhu
10 players: 7 investigators, 4 cultists; 39 futile investigation cards, 10 elder signs, 2 cthulhu
They also recommend rotating the Active Player in seating order when playing with 8 or more, t ensure that everyone gets to take an action each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you rotate the active player? And how does that make everyone get a turn if the active investigator is based off of who was investigated last?

How does two cthulhus work? Do you need one to lose, or both? I think it is just one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
I've played the Sherlock vs. Moriarty version with 8 players and never felt the need to use 2 bombs (there's only one included and the game plays 8), nor change up the seating arrangements.

Perhaps some of this has to do with the special cards included in that version of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any new info on more than 6 players?
MunchWolf wrote:
How does two cthulhus work? Do you need one to lose, or both? I think it is just one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rigel Rafuse
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Yes its just 1. If 1 is revealed you lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.