Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks really good to me (though I've never played Splendor, so I can't speak to it being a "Splendor-killer"), especially as a light game between more serious ones. I have one possible problem, though, and I'm hoping someone will assuage it:

Will there be any sorcerers, djinns, genies, or other such magical tropes that games with this sort of theme sometimes have? I'm hoping the answer is "of course not", since it's supposed to be about the spice trade. I'm just checking, because, if it doesn't have those elements in it, then I will probably pre-order this sight-unseen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Rodney's rules overview. Merchants and caravans as far as the eye can see. And spice. Lots of spice. Not the space-folding kind, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tinney
Australia
BROKEN HILL
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
And spice. Lots of spice. Not the space-folding kind, either.

Now that's the kind of genre-bending twist I could get behind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Check out Rodney's rules overview. Merchants and caravans as far as the eye can see. And spice. Lots of spice. Not the space-folding kind, either.

Sweet! And great Dune reference!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.