Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
61 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Police Precinct» Forums » General

Subject: Please deposit your ideas for --- POLICE PRECINCT: LEGACY --- here... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Again Fans!

Meaning...

Fans of Police Precinct, and fans of Legacy games (in general).

You're in the right place if you are creative minded and wanting to toss your two cents in about Police Precinct: Legacy

That goes for...

1. thematic ideas

2. Game mechanics ideas

3. Story line ideas

4. Component ideas

5. And anything and everything else you can think of!

Toss it out, and I guarantee that it will be read by Ole and I and that we will consider all ideas in the making of this.

By the way, if you are wondering about "IF" this is really going to happen, then take a look at "the other thread" -- i.e. this one...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1742746/dice-tower-predicts...

Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone who contributes to this thread!

meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple

Thoughts on Input from Fans:
Yes, we are a game company that has done a LOT of this over the years and in reality, Police Precinct is YOUR game. Ole and I work closely on everything that happens with it, but throughout that process we have received a ton of input from fans that has unquestionably shaped the game over the years. It's a game that is for and by the fans! I feel like this type of undertaking (Legacy) would especially benefit from this.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seidler
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait to play PP in legacy style, what a great idea!

Regarding the storyline, how cool would it be if the main goal during the campaign was to catch the Mojito Killer who leaves a Mojito with 5 year old Havana Club rum at the scene. During the campaign the players discover the reason for his actions and his real name is revealed: Chris Seidler, the german villain every good story needs! ;-)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Common game structure stretched out over mission style play, with new villians (crime bosses, types of criminal activity) unlocking through reveals. Triggered events within a mission can change goal mechanics. Character progression, government funding issues, new laws, etc.

Endless potential.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisback79 wrote:
I can't wait to play PP in legacy style, what a great idea!

Regarding the storyline, how cool would it be if the main goal during the campaign was to catch the Mojito Killer who leaves a Mojito with 5 year old Havana Club rum at the scene. During the campaign the players discover the reason for his actions and his real name is revealed: Chris Seidler, the german villain every good story needs! ;-)


OK, you're in the Legacy version. Definitely!

(did you know that most of the streets, buildings, characters, etc are named after real fans of the game, so maybe I'm NOT kidding!)

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ckneeland wrote:
Common game structure stretched out over mission style play, with new villians (crime bosses, types of criminal activity) unlocking through reveals. Triggered events within a mission can change goal mechanics. Character progression, government funding issues, new laws, etc.

Endless potential.


I like it!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe Vind
Denmark
Juelsminde
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Police Precint as a legacy game .... jaw drops .... would feel like a police series, character development, plots slowly unfolding, minor cases solved in a few turns, but the major crooks builds their power in the background and only leaving small drops of evidence around the city (you may not find them all).

The precinct development, getting more funding due to lower crime rate, that leads to better equipment, better officers or education for the already hired officers (new skills). Maybe a separate police building, with evidence room, holding cells, computer log files that may be searchable (book with small stories and multiple choices).

Crime lord separate building tile, where the content varies depending on what his/hers specialty in crime are, that could be used in the final showdown (episode of the season).

Maybe a solo version, where you start as a tragic cop or trainee, and slowly raises in rank/level and getting more skills, until you are a captain or chief. Your tasks and police fokus change throughout the game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Archer
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The characters could be richer, with different abilities and bonuses whether they're undercover or in uniform. Obviously the ability to improve or damage depending on progress.

It's already been said, but new villians.

Despite the mildly violent nature of the game, I still feel comfortable playing with my children (middle school-ish age). I would like that to continue. If you would like to include more graphic violence, prostitution, etc., I would like it as an option so I can exclude it without hurting gameplay.

I'll talk to the fam, see if they have any bright ideas. How exciting!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Something along the lines of an FBI investigation against a crime "family" and as evidence is uncovered so the story unfolds changing the world.

It would be a darker game as "family" members die off or are killed and also investigators/agents lose their lives in the line of duty.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Welch
Australia
Flagstaff Hill
SA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as components:
Modular board,
Plastic minis for cars, cops, street gangs, donuts, etc,
& Real metal police badge for 1st player marker
would be really cool (maybe as stretch goals?)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Evabelle wrote:
Police Precint as a legacy game .... jaw drops .... would feel like a police series, character development, plots slowly unfolding, minor cases solved in a few turns, but the major crooks builds their power in the background and only leaving small drops of evidence around the city (you may not find them all).

The precinct development, getting more funding due to lower crime rate, that leads to better equipment, better officers or education for the already hired officers (new skills). Maybe a separate police building, with evidence room, holding cells, computer log files that may be searchable (book with small stories and multiple choices).

Crime lord separate building tile, where the content varies depending on what his/hers specialty in crime are, that could be used in the final showdown (episode of the season).

Maybe a solo version, where you start as a tragic cop or trainee, and slowly raises in rank/level and getting more skills, until you are a captain or chief. Your tasks and police fokus change throughout the game.


VERY CREATIVE!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jwerk wrote:


I'll talk to the fam, see if they have any bright ideas. How exciting!


Thanks!

You alone have great ideas, so YES ask the rest of your DNA pool, because I bet they do too!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thebobymon wrote:
Something along the lines of an FBI investigation against a crime "family" and as evidence is uncovered so the story unfolds changing the world.

It would be a darker game as "family" members die off or are killed and also investigators/agents lose their lives in the line of duty.



nice!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
delay wrote:
As far as components:
Modular board,
Plastic minis for cars, cops, street gangs, donuts, etc,
& Real metal police badge for 1st player marker
would be really cool (maybe as stretch goals?)


Nice bling!

btw...

I have come to think that with Legacy, it might help to keep the board more permanent (as apposed to modular) and then to change it over time (through stickers, etc).

At least that is my current thinking anyway.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
INPUT

This idea is from by friend Joe...

===============================

One expansion idea I had was to create 6-7 endgame locations.mini-boards. Based upon the bad hood where the murderer was caught.

Basicly if you were caught in hood 1 it might be the trainyard endgame scenario. Bad hood 2- the junkyard 3- on a moving training. 3-etc.

4-could be boats on a dock kind of thing.
5- empty high-rise. (die hard)

Etc.
Could be a shootout, where your police cards represent life or ammo.


===============================
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Slade
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
This idea is from by friend Joe...

===============================

One expansion idea I had was to create 6-7 endgame locations.mini-boards. Based upon the bad hood where the murderer was caught.

Basicly if you were caught in hood 1 it might be the trainyard endgame scenario. Bad hood 2- the junkyard 3- on a moving training. 3-etc.

4-could be boats on a dock kind of thing.
5- empty high-rise. (die hard)

Etc.
Could be a shootout, where your police cards represent life or ammo.


===============================


One thing to consider is to not just make PP Legacy similar to Betrayal at House on the Hill (and other similar scenario games), but actually make the game a legacy game. Although, I do like the idea of different objectives for the next game depending on how the just finished game played out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Villa
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game should climax with a serial killer that has to be investigated and chased towards the end of the game. There should be an early-game investigation of several missing person disappearance of female runaways that you investigate. Then, one of them turns up as the murder victim with strange circumstances, then later a double-murder of missing girls that has the same MO. Then an attempted tripple-murder (he's getting bolder) where the third drugged victim escapes to give key information about being kept drugged in an unknown location with many other women to launch the serial killer hunt before he strikes again. It could be like a "Seven" type crazy killer that grows in activity through the game and ends in a final climax of rescuing his victims and finding his "kill lair" before he can dispose of them.

Because there are drugs involved to keep the victims sedated, it could be tied into the other illicit organized crime/drug activity in the game to give it earlier investigation ties and ways to obtain more clues for the branching killer plot, after you make contacts and get informants in the crime/drug circles.

Just some rough ideas, but these would be awesome.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
amerikano wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
This idea is from by friend Joe...

===============================

One expansion idea I had was to create 6-7 endgame locations.mini-boards. Based upon the bad hood where the murderer was caught.

Basicly if you were caught in hood 1 it might be the trainyard endgame scenario. Bad hood 2- the junkyard 3- on a moving training. 3-etc.

4-could be boats on a dock kind of thing.
5- empty high-rise. (die hard)

Etc.
Could be a shootout, where your police cards represent life or ammo.


===============================


One thing to consider is to not just make PP Legacy similar to Betrayal at House on the Hill (and other similar scenario games), but actually make the game a legacy game. Although, I do like the idea of different objectives for the next game depending on how the just finished game played out.


Thanks Austin!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dajebriza wrote:
I think the game should climax with a serial killer that has to be investigated and chased towards the end of the game. There should be an early-game investigation of several missing person disappearance of female runaways that you investigate. Then, one of them turns up as the murder victim with strange circumstances, then later a double-murder of missing girls that has the same MO. Then an attempted tripple-murder (he's getting bolder) where the third drugged victim escapes to give key information about being kept drugged in an unknown location with many other women to launch the serial killer hunt before he strikes again. It could be like a "Seven" type crazy killer that grows in activity through the game and ends in a final climax of rescuing his victims and finding his "kill lair" before he can dispose of them.

Because there are drugs involved to keep the victims sedated, it could be tied into the other illicit organized crime/drug activity in the game to give it earlier investigation ties and ways to obtain more clues for the branching killer plot, after you make contacts and get informants in the crime/drug circles.

Just some rough ideas, but these would be awesome.


Nice!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Frazier
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There has to be some element of corruption in the department. Maybe not the dirty cop variant in the base game, but something of that flavor.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I where going to write the story for Police Precinct: Legacy I would have many ideas. If I'm going to play the game I want to experience it with my friends with out knowing whats going to happen.

I just have one small idea that I hope with come true. In one of the missions during the game Cipher has been kidnapped and you have to free him. If you successfully rescue him he will become a playeble character for the rest of the game.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Character suggestions: The P.I. & the Psychic. Both can either aid or hamper. (Hamper: either through case interference or false leads or Aid: with surprise clues, resources or arrests).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FraroSimnew wrote:
There has to be some element of corruption in the department. Maybe not the dirty cop variant in the base game, but something of that flavor.


good idea Ron!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalco wrote:
If I where going to write the story for Police Precinct: Legacy I would have many ideas. If I'm going to play the game I want to experience it with my friends with out knowing whats going to happen.

I just have one small idea that I hope with come true. In one of the missions during the game Cipher has been kidnapped and you have to free him. If you successfully rescue him he will become a playeble character for the rest of the game.



Cool!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grejam53 wrote:
Two Character suggestions: The P.I. & the Psychic. Both can either aid or hamper. (Hamper: either through case interference or false leads or Aid: with surprise clues, resources or arrests).


very clever!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
INPUT

(this is from a real cop who is a character in the game)...

"I would add a serial killer to deal with along with a growing crime wave with maybe a terrorist campaign on top of it."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.