Subject: More setup questions ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Songer

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
All:

I didn't want to 'crowd' Bill's post (see below), but I also have some setup questions I posted on Consimworld today. I repeat them here -- can anyone help?

Thanks! The one on the "crowns" on the Polish units were as I figured - they can enter the game later on as exiles via an event. But I still don't know if they can be built should Poland survive (although that makes sense, I guess, for manpower callups).

Anyways, here they are: I've scanned the rulebook (I ocr'd it for easy search) but cannot find the answers, but I may be going blind/senile!

1. Setting up units that are "stronger" than others within forcepool: Can I pick any Army to setup within the forcepool? Example: Most Italian Armies are at reduced defense 1/2 value. When setting up VE, it says "5 Inf in Italy" -- can I choose the 1-2 units (Folgore etc.) at setup instead of the weaker units? Same for Russians, can I choose the 2-2 tank units at setup instead of the ones that need upgraded?

2. Italy regional rules mention the "RCTL" unit in Libya (27.6.5). Where is this unit in the countermix?

3. Polish armies: There are ten Polish armies in the countermix. 2 have Commonwealth crowns. Does this mean they don't exist in 39 setup and come into play later via an event? That leaves 8 inf; VE setup says to setup 7 of them. Does this mean I can build one should the Poles survive the turn?

4. Polish air: The only polish air unit I see sets up shattered and has a Commonwealth Crown (and is a Hurr IV). Is this for later use with exiles? Or, should Poland survive first turn, can I fix and enter into play immediately?

5. Polish setup in general: 110.1 setup says the Polish armies can setup anywhere (thus I can put them all in Warsaw). Does this supersede the regular neutral setup rules that says '1 army per hex' until they are filled? (I assume yes since Poland is not neutral at the start of the VE scenario).

6. Maginot line: Is it only A2607? Is this a fortress? It is not printed on map, does it start with a Fort counter? The Example in Rule 4.3.4.20.3 implies that it is 'on map' as a printed fort.

Thanks, Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes!

2. It's in there -- it's an Italian "minor ally" with its own color (and bumper sticker).

3. Yes, if the Poles survive, you can build reinforcements.

4. Yes, it serves as Polish or as CW.

5. Technically you're right. Poland should have a fixed setup (I'm working on a revised setup and I'll include a historical Polish setup).

6. The fort counter that spuriously starts in Holland should be in the Maginot Line hex (A-2607).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Songer

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools

Thanks! Appreciate the fast results. I saw the Polish/CW rule (3.10.7) - my apologies for missing it. (You even thought of my Hurricane question!).

I really like the game; the Air System with the AF tied to the Armies and used in that manner is a great system for this scale.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeSon wrote:
I really like the game; the Air System with the AF tied to the Armies and used in that manner is a great system for this scale.

Mike

Glad to see you like the system. I wanted air to be a strategic asset (easily deployed from front to front) and I wanted it handled on an off-map display because I still shudder from my World in Flames days when those giant stacks of armies/air forces were falling over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.