Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that the scenarios only have rules for 3,4 and 5 players.
How do you play with 2? Should both people play two characters, or do you think 2 characters could take on the challenge of a 3 player game?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
On the file section I've uploaded 'expanded' versions of the first 4 missions which include house rules for 1-2 players (called Stealth Mode).

I'll post them on this thread shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stealth Mode (for solo or 2-player games)

Use the normal set-up for a 3 player game. Stealth Mode works the same for 1 or 2 players, but in a 1-player (Solo) game, the Survivor gets 4 actions per turn.

Roll a number of Stealth Dice and set them aside at the start of the game.

Easy mission: 3 Stealth Dice
Medium mission: 4 Stealth Dice
Difficult mission: 5 Stealth Dice

Each Stealth Dice can be used ONCE during the mission to accomplish one of these effects:

Distraction: As an action, place a 1-Noise token in any zone within range, where the range is the value on the dice

Sneaky: Prevent a Radar spawn from revealing, where the number of Enemies revealed is equal to or less than the value on the dice; leave the token face up – it cannot be prevented from revealing a second time

Careful: Cancel out a Noise card drawn through searching, where the Noise is equal to or less than the value of the dice

Hidden: As an action, break line of sight from all Enemies in one zone, where the number of Enemies is not greater than the value on the dice

Examples: If the Stealth Dice rolled are 2, 3 and 5 they could be used like this:

- a Survivor could place a 1-Noise token in a zone within range 2 (removing the dice with “2”) on it);

- when the “3 Jaeger” Radar spawn is revealed, a Survivor could prevent it from spawning (the dice with “3” is removed) - the token stays face up and the next time it has line of sight on a Survivor, its GEPs are spawned;

- when 4 Swarmers have line of sight, a Survivor could break that line of sight (the Swarmers stay passive or move towards a different target and the dice with “4” is removed).

Stealth Dice CANNOT be used if the Survivor has a Noise token in his or her own zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Zwergfell
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
My son and me always played as discribed in the rules: one character each and one character both - so a 3 character game. That worked great.
Next time we will take 2 characters each...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zwergfell wrote:
My son and me always played as discribed in the rules: one character each and one character both - so a 3 character game. That worked great.
Next time we will take 2 characters each...

That works too. If I play solo I usually run three characters. But sometimes the bookkeeping gets fiddly and you realise you've not been paying attention to someone's Goal, you've forget about their Reward or you've not been applying their Resolve Effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.