Elder Sign» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using dice that were locked. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre Laguna
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I already started rolling the dice and by any means a locked die becomes free, if it's a green die or if it's a red/yellow one and I have a card that allows me to use it, can I add that die to my rolls?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
leleco wrote:
If I already started rolling the dice and by any means a locked die becomes free, if it's a green die or if it's a red/yellow one and I have a card that allows me to use it, can I add that die to my rolls?

Thanks in advance.

The only way for this to happen is that you have a die locked by a monster. In this case the die is considered free at the end of the Resolution Phase (when you collect the monster as trophy). So, long story short, nope, you can't
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Laguna
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is the situation that originated the question. What would happend then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
I see. Point is that the yellow die is locked for your whole Resolution Phase: you don't advance the clock, resolve at midnight effects and pull a new Mythos card into play during a Resolution phase: you advance the clock, keep resolving the Resolution Phase, pass or fail the adventure, and then you move to the clock phase, moving the clock once more. At this point, IF Midnight was passed (at least once), you resolve the usual "At Midnight" procedure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.