Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two player game - Agreement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Lee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For supply lines and special activities and such, when playing a two-player game as the Romans/Aedui, are there any rules around Agreement? It seems like it is a bit unfair to automatically double the resources received for an "automatic" Agreement in a Trade special activity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no rules surrounding Agreement, but there are rules that contain the amount of Resources that can be transferred in 1.5.2 Negotiation:
Quote:
• A Faction may transfer Resources (1.8) to another during either’s execution by the Sequence of Play (2.3.4) of a Command, Special Ability, or Event—a maximum of four Resources per such execution between two Factions run by the same player (1.5.1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that the term "resource transfer" includes the Romans "agreeing" to an Aedui Trade Special Activity, thereby boosting their resources, if they are controlled by the same player?

The terminology seems a bit vague to me, but I understand the intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, it doesn't.

"Resource transfer" means transferring Resources from one Faction to another, by reducing the first Faction's Resource count on the edge track by a specific amount and increasing the other Faction's edge track Resource count by the same amount.

The Aedui Trade Special Ability does not involve any transfer of Resources.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Casey
msg tools
mbmbmb
If this were a 4p game, I would expect those two players to negotiate such that the romans agree to the 2 per and aedui transfer them part of the difference. Since you need both your factions to succeed when controlling multiple factions, you'd want to transfer when needed to help your lagging faction out. Net result seems about the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.