Subject: Another stretch goal unlocked! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Smith
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The larger Euro cards have now been unlocked. This is really exciting for me, getting more artwork of Ryan's in the game will be wonderful. Now less than $20k till the bigger board. Also, for those who may have missed it, the game will come with planet tiles that can be randomised and places face down to be explored as the game progresses, so we'll get the best of the original tile design along with the large board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The larger cards are great, any chance to see more of Ryan's art work is a bonus.

After watching the video, I really like the moveable planets. It's truly the best of both worlds between the modular and fixed boards. I also didn't realize how much narrative drove the game, so that got me even more excited. This game is shaping up to be every bit as great as I was hoping it would be when I first heard it was in development. Great year to be a Red Raven Games fan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's half way between modular and fixed board. The framework of connections between the planets remains the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual of Orange Nebula
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This goal being met brings so much value to the game. A massive deck of cards with Ryan's art is one of the most satisfying experiences in gaming.

Guaranteed my wife will love any game where she gets to stare at his art. :-)

And I agree with Jason about the live stream. My excitement for this and expectations went through the roof. This is THE space exploration adventure story game my wife and I have been waiting for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Coulter
Canada
Fraser Valley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great work by Ryan and the red raven team to confidently answer the fears of the crew who were jumping ship. I don't know if they'll get them all back, but it will help them get to $200k, I'm sure.

It's interesting to read the forum posts from earlier in the campaign, the ones from the would-be backers who were turned off by the change in direction to the fixed board mid stride. I know I'm not alone in being thrilled that Ryan has the drive and ability to change directions so quickly due to the response of his backers.

One (of many, admittedly feeble) arguments of why companies like CMON should get off Kickstarter is that it creates an unrealistic standard in some backers minds of what a "successful" campaign looks like. Lets hope we see some of the later stretch goals, it would be a shame for any of Ryan's passion to go to waste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed the larger cards with the illustrations on are going to look so much better. The recent live stream really showed off how so many of these cards will add immersion to the game and make it a really different experience every time.

Here's hoping others take a look and see Ryan's great ideas in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Secrest
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible that each card will have unique artwork? surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual of Orange Nebula
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AccidentalCultist wrote:
Is it possible that each card will have unique artwork? surprise

That'd be amazing! Eight Minute Empire Legends had a whole deck of unique art and it's one of my favorite things in all of gaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Secrest
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be insane! Talk about bringing worlds to life
Unique art for the Academies, Bases and Cities, I might never return to Earth! This sleeper is gonna blow minds! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Trash
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far so good, but not good enough! Come on folks and join in! We need more stuffs! Lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.