Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Plague Inc.: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Infecting a country through the backdoor. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Dickens
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you infect a country you normally can't infect, say a cold country because you haven't evolved the cold resistance, can you continue to infect cities in that country without evolving cold resistance? The rule is city by city, right? Not country by country. So even if i get my plague into Russia without cold resistance, I can't continue to infect other Russian cities, right? I'll stay in that one city, but not expand.

Along the same lines, a friend of mine insists that if you are in a city that you can't normally infect because of a lack of resistance, that your token should be removed from that city after you play your next plague token because it's not valid anymore. I'm thinking that this is a situation needing us to go back to boardgames 101 - the rules say there are exceptions that allow you to sometimes infect a city you normally can't, but there is nothing in the rules that say you die once you're there. Any other interpretations on this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelley E.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
He went that way
badge
I used to have AP. Now I'm not sure.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Resistance and connectivity are recalculated at the moment you place each token. Existing tokens remain in place unless removed explicitly by a game mechanism. Like you say, rules 101.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, So regarding your question about, "can you carry on infecting in russia in future turns without having the cold resistance", is the answer yes or no? i'd like to know myself. thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Hi, So regarding your question about, "can you carry on infecting in russia in future turns without having the cold resistance", is the answer yes or no? i'd like to know myself. thanks.


No.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KeithDickens wrote:
When you infect a country you normally can't infect, say a cold country because you haven't evolved the cold resistance, can you continue to infect cities in that country without evolving cold resistance? The rule is city by city, right? Not country by country. So even if i get my plague into Russia without cold resistance, I can't continue to infect other Russian cities, right? I'll stay in that one city, but not expand.
You are correct, you must have Cold Resistance to infect a city that has a Cold icon on it, even if you have tokens on other cities in that country.

KeithDickens wrote:
Along the same lines, a friend of mine insists that if you are in a city that you can't normally infect because of a lack of resistance, that your token should be removed from that city after you play your next plague token because it's not valid anymore. I'm thinking that this is a situation needing us to go back to boardgames 101 - the rules say there are exceptions that allow you to sometimes infect a city you normally can't, but there is nothing in the rules that say you die once you're there. Any other interpretations on this?
Your friend is incorrect, you are correct. Once a token is placed, it remains unless a game effect removes it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks. Just going to play my 1st game of it after receiving it today.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.