flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If I play a Pre-Empt card I supposedly get to disrupt
control of the enemy.

Exactly how does it work disrupting control as to each
of the following:

1. Preempt 1 Enemy move then 2 soldiers shoot him

2. Soldiers in combat contact may shoot at close range.

3. Preempt 2 enemy shots, then 3 soldiers shoot them.

Does Pre-empt mean stop??
Does "shoot" mean "shoot at" or is it an auto hit?
What if they are not revealed.
Who are "soldiers," the enemy's or mine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Palestine
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This can be a bit confusing, but let's sort this out (in red):

All preempts assume you have met the requirement on the Preempt card. Also, preempts cannot break the rules.

1. Preempt 1 Enemy move then 2 soldiers shoot him

Assuming the enemy's team bubble allows at least one of his soldiers to move, then the enemy must move one soldier. If he is already spotted, you may shoot him with two of your soldier.

2. Soldiers in combat contact may shoot at close range.

Your soldiers in Combat Contact may shoot at Close range at enemy soldiers in Combat Contact with the shooting soldier's. This includes adding any Short and Long hits to the result. Not a bad card to have if you are in a pinch.

3. Preempt 2 enemy shots, then 3 soldiers shoot them.

Two enemy soldier's must shoot, if allowed by the enemy team bubble, then three of your soldiers may shoot at either or both of these soldiers, per the normal rules. Note that the enemy soldiers are automatically spotted if they shoot. If the enemy team bubble only has one soldier shooting, then the preempt only applies to that one enemy soldier.

Does Pre-empt mean stop??

Yes, after the enemy player reveals his action card, but before he takes an action. Once the preempt is done, the enemy player [edit] may still perform actions from his team bubble for any soldiers that haven't acted as a result of the preempt. For example, if the enemy team bubble has three soldiers Move, and the preempt has two enemy soldiers move, he still has one remaining soldier that he may move under his control. Note also, that unless the preempt card specifically calls for a specific action, a required move by the enemy also includes the possibility of moving out of range (or out of LOS when using X-Terrain).

Does "shoot" mean "shoot at" or is it an auto hit?

Shoot at.

What if they are not revealed.

All rules apply. They must be spotted to be targets.

Who are "soldiers," the enemy's or mine?

Unless it specifically says "enemy" they are your soldiers.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blumax max
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Preempt Cards allow the player of the Preempt Card to choose which Soldiers the opposing player will take Actions for. It's correct? Or it is the enemy who chooses which Soldiers take Actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Palestine
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
massimo68 wrote:
Preempt Cards allow the player of the Preempt Card to choose which Soldiers the opposing player will take Actions for. It's correct? Or it is the enemy who chooses which Soldiers take Actions?

The enemy player chooses who acts. The problem for him is his soldiers may do things he doesn't intend for them to do. Playing a Preempt card does require a little finesse to be effective. Also see the edit in my response above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who moves the enemy soldier when applying the Preempt card?

Do I move them so that I can direct them in a direction most suitable for my nefarious purposes? Or does the owning player move them?

If it is the owner, exactly how does this Preempt benefit me, the Player of the preempt card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blumax max
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
skippykaos wrote:
massimo68 wrote:

The enemy player chooses who acts. The problem for him is his soldiers may do things he doesn't intend for them to do. Playing a Preempt card does require a little finesse to be effective. Also see the edit in my response above.

Once the preempt is done the enemy player chooses who acts. But before? On page 28 of 2.0 rules it says that the PREEMPT player chooses which opposing soldiers perform actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
massimo68 wrote:
skippykaos wrote:
massimo68 wrote:

Once the preempt is done the enemy player chooses who acts. But before? On page 28 of 2.0 rules it says that the PREEMPT player chooses which opposing soldiers perform actions.

Just saw this post when looking up a question on Tactics Modules. The text on page 28 is a specific instance that is being given. It says that the card says for the Preempt player to choose for the enemy. That is why they are choosing.

The key with SMG (and SDD for that matter) is that it is very literal. If the card says
“Choose up to 2 enemy Soldiers to Move, Shoot at each.” then the player playing the card chooses.

If it doesn't say for the Player to choose for the enemy then the enemy chooses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.