Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) If I have an injury on the legs, it says 'maximum movement is reduced by one zone'. Does this mean you can basically just take 2 movement actions per turn? How does this interact with Artifical Gravity? Can you then only move 1 space per action, but you can do three move actions? Really confusing.

2) In the picture below, is option A or B correct regarding adjacency with regards to noise. The room in question is the Laboratory. Let's assume the noise comes from zone 1.

3) If a radar token turns into a GEP, do I just substract the amount of actions the radar token used from the amount of actions the GEP is normally allowed to take?

4) The FAQ says GEPs can only attack once per turn. I assume that still costs them an action right?

5) I think this is a yes, but just to be sure. If a lot of enemies see me, but I run away out of sight that turn, in the enemy turn they will just behave passively right?

6) If someone uses a medkit while in the same zone as a medic, but they use it to heal an injury, do they still get one health back as well?

7) Second mission requires me to spawn a radar token. I assume that the four starting tokens are the only tokens I get to use in this mission right? Which means that if I have to spawn a token but those four are already in the game, then I just have to move the radar tokens (as per page 18) instead of taking tokens from the box right? In other words, the four starting tokens are all that can be used in that mission?

8) Silly question, but where is the exit in mission 1 (the tutorial)?

9) Dual wielding, can you only dual wield two weapons with the same icon, or can I use e.g. a pistol and a swarmer leg. I assume it's the latter?

10) Accomplishments of the 'B' variety. According to the rulebook it says 'a positive effect that lasts until the end of your turn'. However...does it just last one turn or for the rest of the game? Because if it really gets discarded at the end of the turn...what use is a card like 'practice makes perfect'. This card says 'make at least 3 successful ranged attacks in a single game round (1 die = 1 attack). The reward is 'Ranged attacks do not hit survivors'. Now...this sounds like it should last the entire game, but the game rules make it sound like they only last for one turn.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not the designer but I'll give some thoughts about your questions:

Faerun wrote:
1) If I have an injury on the legs, it says 'maximum movement is reduced by one zone'. Does this mean you can basically just take 2 movement actions per turn? How does this interact with Artifical Gravity? Can you then only move 1 space per action, but you can do three move actions? Really confusing.

Yes - it is! I house rule that, with a Leg Injury, you can only take 1 move action per turn (but you can use your other actions doing other things, as usual). That's simpler than restricting the distance you can move. I also house rule that Leg Injuries don't apply during gravity failure.

Faerun wrote:
2) In the picture below, is option A or B correct regarding adjacency with regards to noise. The room in question is the Laboratory. Let's assume the noise comes from zone 1.

B would seem to be correct (though it's hard to make out the details). Noise travels through walls into any adjacent zone.

Faerun wrote:
3) If a radar token turns into a GEP, do I just substract the amount of actions the radar token used from the amount of actions the GEP is normally allowed to take?

When a radar token flips and the GEP is revealed, it just stands there. It doesn't get any more actions this turn.

Faerun wrote:
4) The FAQ says GEPs can only attack once per turn. I assume that still costs them an action right?

Correct.

Faerun wrote:
5) I think this is a yes, but just to be sure. If a lot of enemies see me, but I run away out of sight that turn, in the enemy turn they will just behave passively right?

Yes.

Faerun wrote:
6) If someone uses a medkit while in the same zone as a medic, but they use it to heal an injury, do they still get one health back as well?

I think it's either the Health or the Injury: you don't heal both.

Faerun wrote:
7) Second mission requires me to spawn a radar token. I assume that the four starting tokens are the only tokens I get to use in this mission right? Which means that if I have to spawn a token but those four are already in the game, then I just have to move the radar tokens (as per page 18) instead of taking tokens from the box right? In other words, the four starting tokens are all that can be used in that mission?

No. You place the starting tokens but make a stack of all the other tokens of the same type - in this mission, the Swarmers, Jaegers and Icaruses but not the Titan, the Redeemers or the Robots. Whenever there's a Spawn (usually due to an Event Card but in this mission a dice roll can indicate a Spawn too) you take a Radar Spawn token from this stack and put it on the board.

I think the "Running Out Of Tokens" rule on p18 is silly. If you exhaust all the available tokens then you should just shuffle them up to make a new stack. Seriously, N.W.E. Hikari is not running out of GEPs.

Faerun wrote:
8) Silly question, but where is the exit in mission 1 (the tutorial)?

Not a silly question. This seems to be a mistake. The Mission Objective says "Kill the GEPs in the laboratory" but Mission Complete says "when all survivors have exited the map". Since the map doesn't have an Exit, the latter must be a mistake. You don't have to exit: just kill the GEPs in the Lab.

Faerun wrote:
9) Dual wielding, can you only dual wield two weapons with the same icon, or can I use e.g. a pistol and a swarmer leg. I assume it's the latter?

I assume so too, since they have their own specific dual-wielding icons (a rare case of this game actually bothering with helpful icons).

Faerun wrote:
10) Accomplishments of the 'B' variety. According to the rulebook it says 'a positive effect that lasts until the end of your turn'. However...does it just last one turn or for the rest of the game? Because if it really gets discarded at the end of the turn...what use is a card like 'practice makes perfect'. This card says 'make at least 3 successful ranged attacks in a single game round (1 die = 1 attack). The reward is 'Ranged attacks do not hit survivors'. Now...this sounds like it should last the entire game, but the game rules make it sound like they only last for one turn.

All Rewards are one-use. In this case, you get one turn in which your shots can't hit your allies, then you go back to normal rules for ranged fire.

Tough break for the Captain if she draws this. I recommend everyone draws two Goal Cards and picks the one they like best (or the one they can actually benefit from).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer the questions (haven't seen the designer around for a while, too busy with Village Attacks I assume). I made some additional comments in the quote.

deadmarlowe wrote:
I'm not the designer but I'll give some thoughts about your questions:

Faerun wrote:

Yes - it is! I house rule that, with a Leg Injury, you can only take 1 move action per turn (but you can use your other actions doing other things, as usual). That's simpler than restricting the distance you can move. I also house rule that Leg Injuries don't apply during gravity failure.

I guess the rulebook has a mistake and should have been 'reduced TO 1 zone'

Faerun wrote:

When a radar token flips and the GEP is revealed, it just stands there. It doesn't get any more actions this turn.

Is this written somewhere?

Faerun wrote:

I think it's either the Health or the Injury: you don't heal both.

WIth a medkit yes, but the medic's special ability says when someone uses a medkit they heal +1. I wonder whether this +1 also counts if you used it for an injury.

Faerun wrote:

I assume so too, since they have their own specific dual-wielding icons (a rare case of this game actually bothering with helpful icons).

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by the wording of your answer. Do you think you can or cannot wield both a pistol and a swarmer leg at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer is still here, and still checking all forums everyday, but if I see questions being adequately answered by others then there's not much point in repeating what they just said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimlord Games wrote:
The designer is still here, and still checking all forums everyday, but if I see questions being adequately answered by others then there's not much point in repeating what they just said.

Great! Could you please confirm the questions 1,3,6,9, as I wouldn't consider those adequately answered (i.e. some ambiguities remain). I'm playing tonight with some people and want it to go smoothly.

Additionally, if you could please confirm with the Armoury tile: are the top corner tiles adjacent to the middle? The art is a bit confusing there.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Grimlord Games wrote:

What a welcome surprise. :-)

Could you please answer the questions from this thread:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1742449/campaign-play-a...

Sadlly it starts to feel like an ordeal to play EtS with all these open questions. :-(

Not even mentioning some of the questionable design decisions, but if you are really reading all the threads, you should be informed. ;-)

Regards
GeneralGrundmann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faerun wrote:
Grimlord Games wrote:

Great! Could you please confirm the questions 1,3,6,9, as I wouldn't consider those adequately answered (i.e. some ambiguities remain). I'm playing tonight with some people and want it to go smoothly.

Additionally, if you could please confirm with the Armoury tile: are the top corner tiles adjacent to the middle? The art is a bit confusing there.

Thanks

Q1) If I have an injury on the legs, it says 'maximum movement is reduced by one zone'. Does this mean you can basically just take 2 movement actions per turn? How does this interact with Artifical Gravity? Can you then only move 1 space per action, but you can do three move actions? Really confusing.
A1) Yes it does, and when there’s an Artificial Gravity Failure you can move a maximum of 5 zones.

Q3) If a radar token turns into a GEP, do I just substract the amount of actions the radar token used from the amount of actions the GEP is normally allowed to take?
A3) No, once a radar token is revealed, enemies are spawned at that is the end of that particular group’s actions. Be sure to move Active radar tokens their full movement before revealing.

Q6) If someone uses a medkit while in the same zone as a medic, but they use it to heal an injury, do they still get one health back as well?
A6) No, Med Kits either provide one or the other.

Q9) Dual wielding, can you only dual wield two weapons with the same icon, or can I use e.g. a pistol and a swarmer leg. I assume it's the latter?
A9) You can only dual wield items of matching symbols.

No, the top corner tiles are not adjacent to the middle (if I understood you correctly)

Anything else, please don't hesitate to ask Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneralGrundmann wrote:
Grimlord Games wrote:

What a welcome surprise. :-)

Could you please answer the questions from this thread:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1742449/campaign-play-a...

Sadlly it starts to feel like an ordeal to play EtS with all these open questions. :-(

Not even mentioning some of the questionable design decisions, but if you are really reading all the threads, you should be informed. ;-)

Regards
GeneralGrundmann

All done Felix! Anything else, just let me know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimlord Games wrote:
Faerun wrote:
Grimlord Games wrote:

Thanks

Q1) If I have an injury on the legs, it says 'maximum movement is reduced by one zone'. Does this mean you can basically just take 2 movement actions per turn? How does this interact with Artifical Gravity? Can you then only move 1 space per action, but you can do three move actions? Really confusing.
A1) Yes it does, and when there’s an Artificial Gravity Failure you can move a maximum of 5 zones.

Q3) If a radar token turns into a GEP, do I just substract the amount of actions the radar token used from the amount of actions the GEP is normally allowed to take?
A3) No, once a radar token is revealed, enemies are spawned at that is the end of that particular group’s actions. Be sure to move Active radar tokens their full movement before revealing.

Q6) If someone uses a medkit while in the same zone as a medic, but they use it to heal an injury, do they still get one health back as well?

Q9) Dual wielding, can you only dual wield two weapons with the same icon, or can I use e.g. a pistol and a swarmer leg. I assume it's the latter?

No, the top corner tiles are not adjacent to the middle (if I understood you correctly)

Thanks for the answers!

On question 3, so this means a radar token can never both convert into monsters and attack in the same turn right? Even if they're around the corner and have 2 movement?

For the questions about the tiles, I made a picture with two situations:

Situation 1. Can I move straight along that arrow from a to b without going into the corner tile? The zones seem adjacent. Also, Does that mean that zone a has line of sight to zone b? So they can shoot at each other. It would seem illogical, but the yellow lines make it confusing.

Situation 2 (right hand of picture). Let's say noise is made in the blue zone. From your answer I take it that only the red zones are adjacent, but the corner tiles aren't adjacent. However, you mentioned you were not entirely sure if you got my question correctly. If you look at the picture, there is a clear overlap of the building with the corner (see arrow), which according to the rulebook would mean that the corner is ALSO adjacent to the blue zone.

Could you clear this up once and for all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faerun wrote:
Grimlord Games wrote:
Faerun wrote:
Grimlord Games wrote:

Thanks

Thanks for the answers!

On question 3, so this means a radar token can never both convert into monsters and attack in the same turn right? Even if they're around the corner and have 2 movement?

For the questions about the tiles, I made a picture with two situations:

Situation 1. Can I move straight along that arrow from a to b without going into the corner tile? The zones seem adjacent. Also, Does that mean that zone a has line of sight to zone b? So they can shoot at each other. It would seem illogical, but the yellow lines make it confusing.

Situation 2 (right hand of picture). Let's say noise is made in the blue zone. From your answer I take it that only the red zones are adjacent, but the corner tiles aren't adjacent. However, you mentioned you were not entirely sure if you got my question correctly. If you look at the picture, there is a clear overlap of the building with the corner (see arrow), which according to the rulebook would mean that the corner is ALSO adjacent to the blue zone.

Could you clear this up once and for all?

Regarding question 3, you are correct. Enemies and radar tokens are either Passive or Active, they cannot change between states mid round. If active, a radar token moves its full movement towards its target, and then is revealed.

Situation 1: I would say no, you cannot move between these zones or hav LOS. As a general rule, if the smallest survivor miniature base (25mm) cannot fit between the gap, then a survivor cannot "fit" through the gap and it is not considered adjacent.

Situation 2: Using the miniature base ruling stated above, no these are not adjacent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
@Adam Smith
Seriously?!? :-(

This means I did play roundabout 12 games wrong...

Sorry if I sound harsh and/or negative (again) but how should we, the players, know that? ;-)

Why did you chose this kind of zone design?

Why not clear zones with clear borders without these little gaps?

This is really confusing... *sigh*

Optically these zones are adjacent, concerning moving and LoS.

And now you are telling us that optically adjacent zones are not adjacent for moving and LoS if the smallest character base doesn't fit through the gap?

That TOTALLY changes the gameplay and it is very difficult to understand why you chose this optical presentation of the zones that is simply misleading?!

Anyway, that you are still answering that fast with another running Kickstarter to take care of is highly appreciated!

I really want EtS to be a great and challenging game.

The new rulebook is really highly anticipated, but please don't rush it, it's important that it really improves gameplay and answers all open questions.

Thanks again!

Regards
GeneralGrundmann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneralGrundmann wrote:
@Adam Smith
Seriously?!? :-(

This means I did play roundabout 12 games wrong...

Sorry if I sound harsh and/or negative (again) but how should we, the players, know that? ;-)

Why did you chose this kind of zone design?

Why not clear zones with clear borders without these little gaps?

This is really confusing... *sigh*

And now you are telling us that optically adjacent zones are not adjacent for moving and LoS if the smallest character base doesn't fit through the gap?

That TOTALLY changes the gameplay and it is very difficult to understand why you chose this optical presentation of the zones that is simply misleading?!

Anyway, that you are still answering that fast with another running Kickstarter to take care of is highly appreciated!

I really want EtS to be a great and challenging game.

The new rulebook is really highly anticipated, but please don't rush it, it's important that it really improves gameplay and answers all open questions.

Thanks again!

Regards
GeneralGrundmann

This is our very first game Felix, and as with anything in life your first attempt will not be perfect. Endure the Stars is an ambitious, beautiful project that has been created from the ground up by a company that consists of just 2 people. Is the game perfect? No. Have we made some silly mistakes? Of course. But it's still a monumental achievement none the less, and I'm dedicated to making sure everyone gets the best possible experience out of Endure the Stars, hence my continual activity in whatever forum I may be needed. It's not a perfect game, but I'm immensely proud of it and will continue to work to improve upon it until it's everything it should be. Every question and query has been recorded by me so that it can be integrated into a new, better rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneralGrundmann wrote:

The idea that you cannot move into a zone if your base doesn't fit through the gap is interesting. Presumably it doesn't apply to doorways in rooms.

The idea that you don't have Line of Sight into or through a zone that you can't physically enter is a bit perverse. However, maybe it does settle the controversial "shooting round corners" outcome that can happen if Line of Sight applies so long as any part of a zone is visible from any part of another zone.

(In Adam's photo, there is a plant pot obscuring the other zone - a fig leaf of respectability for this odd rule).

I wonder how this affects Line of Sight through doorways. I've been playing whereby GEPs in a room can see out through a door to the corridor zone beyond and perhaps to corridor zones beyond that. Out they come, slavering and snarling. Or Radar Spawn disks get flipped over because there's Line of Sight to the Survivors outside. Am I wrong to do this?

Similarly, I've been having Survivors make Resolve Tests when they are in a room but there are monsters in a corridor zone outside (or a zone beyond that). Is this mistaken?

Or are doorways different from 'really narrow zone borders'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deadmarlowe wrote:
GeneralGrundmann wrote:

The idea that you cannot move into a zone if your base doesn't fit through the gap is interesting. Presumably it doesn't apply to doorways in rooms.

The idea that you don't have Line of Sight into or through a zone that you can't physically enter is a bit perverse. However, maybe it does settle the controversial "shooting round corners" outcome that can happen if Line of Sight applies so long as any part of a zone is visible from any part of another zone.

(In Adam's photo, there is a plant pot obscuring the other zone - a fig leaf of respectability for this odd rule).

I wonder how this affects Line of Sight through doorways. I've been playing whereby GEPs in a room can see out through a door to the corridor zone beyond and perhaps to corridor zones beyond that. Out they come, slavering and snarling. Or Radar Spawn disks get flipped over because there's Line of Sight to the Survivors outside. Am I wrong to do this?

Similarly, I've been having Survivors make Resolve Tests when they are in a room but there are monsters in a corridor zone outside (or a zone beyond that). Is this mistaken?

Or are doorways different from 'really narrow zone borders'?

I would say doorways would not be included in this rule, as many of the doorways are small and I don't think the larger bases would make it through the gap. I think it's just a good rule of thumb with some of the more obscure corridor intersections. The tile art was done by Brian Coughlan, the onyl artist on the project, and to be fair to him he'd never done it before, which lead to some obscure areas. It's something that we're looking into remedying if able to in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
@Adam
Repeatedly I did, and still do, praise this first game of yours! :-)

And yes, it´s an Army of Two that created this game, I am aware of that. ;-)

You should be proud of it, you have any right to be!

The kickstarter went very well, especially for the funding amount compared with other kickstarters.

The game material is top notch and you are very responsive.

Nothing is flawless, we are human beings, we are imperfect.

Having high expectations that don´t get fulfilled leads to frustration and disappointment. :-( These are my personal issues, my personal problems, of course, and I am aware of it.

With my honest feedback I am just trying to help so that the game can live up to it´s expectations.

Everyone learns a lesson or two after and during the first try.

We have written about this before, even if you are a Army of Two, blind playtests are the key. They don´t cost money, but lot´s of time. Players have to play the game without any help from the outside, just with the first draft of the written rules. And then write down any and all issues and questions that arise. Then the rules have to be rewritten and extended and another blind test with another group and so on until no questions remain.

And that´s only the first part, the games rules.

Second, writing and testing of the scenarios, again blind tests until no questions remain and the missions are challenging and fun.

This takes 4-6 months, roundabout. Depending on the amount of rules and scenarios. I have done this as a (blind)tester for board games, card games, dice games and tabletop games.

A technical reader/writer is also a great help, using identical terms, a glossary, all this improves the gameplay experience.
Learning the game and playing the game.

In a nutshell: I would offer my help concerning the revised rulebook and/or doing playtests. If you are interested, just pm me.

That leads me to my follow-up question:

How do you take into account your experiences from EtS concerning Village Attacks?

How do you take care of the rules and the gameplay?

If it is okay to ask this here, otherwise I could open a thread under Village Attacks here at BGG. (That´s no threat, just an idea!) It might help Village Attacks if you communicate openly what lessons you have learned from your first kickstarter. Other Kickstarters have done this before and it did help the projects!

Best regards
GeneralGrundmann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneralGrundmann wrote:
@Adam
Repeatedly I did, and still do, praise this first game of yours! :-)

And yes, it´s an Army of Two that created this game, I am aware of that. ;-)

You should be proud of it, you have any right to be!

The kickstarter went very well, especially for the funding amount compared with other kickstarters.

The game material is top notch and you are very responsive.

Nothing is flawless, we are human beings, we are imperfect.

Having high expectations that don´t get fulfilled leads to frustration and disappointment. :-( These are my personal issues, my personal problems, of course, and I am aware of it.

With my honest feedback I am just trying to help so that the game can live up to it´s expectations.

Everyone learns a lesson or two after and during the first try.

We have written about this before, even if you are a Army of Two, blind playtests are the key. They don´t cost money, but lot´s of time. Players have to play the game without any help from the outside, just with the first draft of the written rules. And then write down any and all issues and questions that arise. Then the rules have to be rewritten and extended and another blind test with another group and so on until no questions remain.

And that´s only the first part, the games rules.

Second, writing and testing of the scenarios, again blind tests until no questions remain and the missions are challenging and fun.

This takes 4-6 months, roundabout. Depending on the amount of rules and scenarios. I have done this as a (blind)tester for board games, card games, dice games and tabletop games.

A technical reader/writer is also a great help, using identical terms, a glossary, all this improves the gameplay experience.
Learning the game and playing the game.

In a nutshell: I would offer my help concerning the revised rulebook and/or doing playtests. If you are interested, just pm me.

That leads me to my follow-up question:

How do you take into account your experiences from EtS concerning Village Attacks?

How do you take care of the rules and the gameplay?

If it is okay to ask this here, otherwise I could open a thread under Village Attacks here at BGG. (That´s no threat, just an idea!) It might help Village Attacks if you communicate openly what lessons you have learned from your first kickstarter. Other Kickstarters have done this before and it did help the projects!

Best regards
GeneralGrundmann

I think that the most obvious lesson learned would be in the way I construct and write rulebooks. The Endure the Stars rulebook was my first attempt at such a thing, and I've poured all of the knowledge I've acquired from not only writing the first book but from the feedback found here and in other places into the Village Attacks rulebook.

The rules, mechanics and gameplay of the Endure the Stars are solid and I'm happy with them, but there are places where the finer points require further explanation and that's something I'e taken on board with the Village Attacks. As Grimlord Games becomes more successful, I'm able to dedicate more and more time to it as a career and not just a hobby, which in the end results in a better product all round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
badge
I have Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimlord Games wrote:
I think that the most obvious lesson learned would be in the way I construct and write rulebooks. The Endure the Stars rulebook was my first attempt at such a thing, and I've poured all of the knowledge I've acquired from not only writing the first book but from the feedback found here and in other places into the Village Attacks rulebook.

The rules, mechanics and gameplay of the Endure the Stars are solid and I'm happy with them, but there are places where the finer points require further explanation and that's something I'e taken on board with the Village Attacks. As Grimlord Games becomes more successful, I'm able to dedicate more and more time to it as a career and not just a hobby, which in the end results in a better product all round.

I'm not sure how much blind playtesting was done for EtS. But for future games, many of us here on this forum can probably volunteer so we can catch all these little details.

Grimlord Games wrote:
The tile art was done by Brian Coughlan, the onyl artist on the project, and to be fair to him he'd never done it before, which lead to some obscure areas. It's something that we're looking into remedying if able to in the future.

Maybe in future get the artist to play the game also? Makes a difference as he will know what exactly it is he's supposed to be I,lustrating and what's the purpose of it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimlord Games wrote:
Faerun wrote:
Grimlord Games wrote:

Thanks

If as you say a leg injury reduces the amount of move actions by 1, effectively giving you max 2 moves on a turn then shouldn't this injury together with the artificial gravity event give you 4 zones total movement, 2 zones times the two move actions you can take.[/q]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maximum movement is reduced by one zone not maximum movement actions reduced by one action.

I personally find this a rather perverse rule and can't imagine why it would affect anyone during gravity failure. It makes more sense to me to rule that Leg Injuries don't apply during gravity failure but that the rest of the time they limit you to one movement action per turn. That really makes you limp and turns Leg Injuries into things you can't ignore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.