Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb

The Esoteric Order of Petersen Games
is a brand new program in which fans of Petersen Games can sign up to be “Acolytes” that demo our products in their game stores and run games at local conventions. Acolytes will be rewarded for building relationships with retailers, building communities in their stores, and running demos and tournaments at conventions. As Acolytes of The Order, they will be the first to get the latest on the development of our games and expansions coming out from Petersen Games. Often they will also get advanced copies of the game so they can have input on the development of the game itself. It is through The Order that we will be launching organized play in which the Acolyte works with the retailer to build organized play and community in their specific store. Interested parties should email TheOrder@PetersenGames.com for more information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E J
msg tools
I think the Esoteric Order of Gamers (http://www.orderofgamers.com/) may be a bit annoyed at the name choice here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Void2258 wrote:
I think the Esoteric Order of Gamers (http://www.orderofgamers.com/) may be a bit annoyed at the name choice here.

Don't you know of the E.O.D?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Void2258 wrote:

They stole it from the same place we did:

'Esoteric Order of Dagon' mentioned in HPL's story "The Shadow over Innsmouth," so I'm not sure they can be rightfully upset.

That said, we were aware of them when we decided on this name. We have nothing against them, of course!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ぶる ぶるっ
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I had enough free time to commit to this
Consider me there in spirit, like a freshly offered human sacrifice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
love it! email sent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Email sent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Void2258 wrote:

They stole it from the same place we did:

'Esoteric Order of Dagon' mentioned in HPL's story "The Shadow over Innsmouth," so I'm not sure they can be rightfully upset.

That said, we were aware of them when we decided on this name. We have nothing against them, of course!

i am heavily interested in. pm me Arthur

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason's Good Twin
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Any updates on this? I did receive any communication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I was out of the office on Friday I'll be sending the files out on Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Norton
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
The Kickstarters... they don't STOP!
badge
Have you Seen it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I there a place for the members of PGEO to discuss play testing and other secretive things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlyMcNasty wrote:
I there a place for the members of PGEO to discuss play testing and other secretive things?
If there is not another place, maybe we could be allowed to create a private unnofficial Facebook group?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Norton
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
The Kickstarters... they don't STOP!
badge
Have you Seen it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Talae wrote:
SlyMcNasty wrote:
If there is not another place, maybe we could be allowed to create a private unnofficial Facebook group?

Done. Until / unless an official group is made, we can use the Facebook group I created called "Playtesters of the PGEO". Let me know if you would like an invite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SlyMcNasty wrote:
Talae wrote:
SlyMcNasty wrote:

Done. Until / unless an official group is made, we can use the Facebook group I created called "Playtesters of the PGEO". Let me know if you would like an invite.

LEMME IN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
linkthestink wrote:

LEMME IN![/q]

NO ! ME instead (but yes Link too...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, the PG EO is not really a playtest group - perhaps we should make an official playtest FB group as well, Link? (for all outside playtesters, whether they are also involved in the EO or not)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlyMcNasty wrote:
Talae wrote:
SlyMcNasty wrote:

I would love an invite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arthur I have a better Idea that I'll email you about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linkthestink wrote:
Arthur I have a better Idea that I'll email you about.

fantastic idea. I approve.

You should do a general post about it to get any interested folks to join, in the CW forum, plus TGW and even OMD forum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
Sent an email. No response. Have I been shunned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agntorenge wrote:
Sent an email. No response. Have I been shunned?

Same here. No response yet. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
Ok. So we're ok or possibly both shunned. At least I am not alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry, you'll get responded to, I promise!

We have a dedicated guy handling this, but this isn't the only thing he handles, so it may take a little to get back to you. No one at our small company is able to really just do "one job." Everyone wears multiple hats with a small company like ours, and so I think he just hasn't had a chance yet. But do not fear! You'll get a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't received a response for this either. I did get response from the Shaggai map playtest pm, though. I know PG will reach out when they are ready. I have faith in the madness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The guy doing it is a joke.

Also I'm trying to set up a discord channel so that people can discuss playtesting of new stuff there and also have a link to the downloads. It's a huge pain to email more than 25MB of attachments whenever anyone emails me about Shaggai.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.