Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Several reasons:

1. Independent game designer showing a passion for this game.
2. Harkens back to old school (D&D, Dark Tower) and throws in some new elements (Runebound), but also has it's own unique "feel" and mechanics.
3. Just under SIX HUNDRED (!!!) possible character combinations (roles, races, abilities)...
4. So much variability whith characters, abilities, quests, consequences, enemies, bosses, board tiles, game modes, etc...
5. Future stretch goals promise to be EPIC - miniatures, possible switching from dry erase boards to dial/other system, more characters, more quests, more, more, more....
6. Did I mention this is an independent game designer?? Let's support this at the same time that we support these big companies funding their games via Kickstarter (though don't jump on me. I understand why they do (millions of dollars)). THIS is what Kickstarter was really intended for..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had very similar thoughts to you Deekerston. I thought I'd add one more from my personal stand point:

7. A system that allows for future expansions

I am still new(ish) to board gaming and finding games like Runebound adventures and solo/co-op play suit me so thought I'd back this and give the creator a chance to develop a game that seems to promise great quality gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Mariucci

Wisconsin
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Wow you guys, thank you so very much for the response! I'm humbled by the comments. Thank YOU for helping make HEXplore It a reality. I can't wait to get to our late stretch goals, we are off to an amazing start.

Thank you again for your time and support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.