Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
44 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Yamataï» Forums » General

Subject: US release date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know when to expect it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Online sites say end of April.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Greatboardgames (CAN) says end of March, and CSI says April.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevor03 wrote:
Greatboardgames (CAN) says end of March, and CSI says April.


I not put a lot of weight in to that. He has Imperial settlers - Aztecs ETA as end of Dec. 2016. heh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jacobson

Omaha
Nebraska - NE
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
that is Ignacy's fault. He was supposed to have that expansion done a long time ago. But as that shipped them to America, getting them off the boats apparently, they noticed a printing error on a card or two and had to ship them all back and fix it. They are supposed to be coming any time. What a debacle.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI says it shipped my copy today. thumbsup
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immanuel Aquino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious. Has it arrived? My CSI order says it is still in pre-order
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
noelics wrote:
Curious. Has it arrived? My CSI order says it is still in pre-order


CSI made an error - it shows shipped but it is not in yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Update??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Update??


Asmodee told me "May" recently
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
By "May" i hope they mean first week or sooner!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Martinot
France
Paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hello,

Shipping lanes from Europe to US seem pretty busy at the moment. Therefore, it is taking a bit more time than expected to have Yamatai in warehouse in the US. The current estimation for the US release date is first week of June.

Thanks,
Adrien
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrien wrote:
Hello,

Shipping lanes from Europe to US seem pretty busy at the moment. Therefore, it is taking a bit more time than expected to have Yamatai in warehouse in the US. The current estimation for the US release date is first week of June.

Thanks,
Adrien


I sincerely hope this is a joke. I may cancel my preorder and simply wait until next Christmas if it isn't.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cjpeach2004 wrote:
I sincerely hope this is a joke. I may cancel my preorder and simply wait until next Christmas if it isn't.

I somewhat insincerely hope that you don't really hope it's a joke. Why would the publisher joke about such a thing?

I don't think anyone cares if you cancel your pre-order. FWIW, I am still waiting on pre-orders placed last year. Delays are nothing new in the boardgaming world.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dammit if it doesnt arrive on time its the end of the world!!!!

Seriously though... Can we speed it up?? Maybe i could come pick up a few hundred copies and deli er them for you???

Im hoping that things turn around and it gets delivered in may sometime but whatever... Ive got other stuff i can play (im lying through my teeth right now!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ansari
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty disappointing. As usual, publishers put out marketing before they even have anything to sell. Pre-ordering is such a waste of time. I advise you to wait until there is actually something to buy before making an order.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir_Alex wrote:
Pretty disappointing. As usual, publishers put out marketing before they even have anything to sell.

Given that it's "as usual", it's not really that disappointing.

Sir_Alex wrote:
Pre-ordering is such a waste of time. I advise you to wait until there is actually something to buy before making an order.

The reason to pre-order is that for some popular games, you have to pre-order or else you miss the first wave of availability. Some sites also offer discounts for pre-ordering. For these reasons, the vast majority of games I order are pre-orders. Waiting months is completely normal.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ansari
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Given that it's "as usual", it's not really that disappointing.


I suppose you have lower standards than I do. As usual, it's disappointing.


curtc wrote:
The reason to pre-order is that for some popular games, you have to pre-order or else you miss the first wave of availability. Some sites also offer discounts for pre-ordering. For these reasons, the vast majority of games I order are pre-orders. Waiting months is completely normal.


I'm a bit more frugal with my money. When I pay for goods or services, I prefer to utilize them in a relatively reasonable amount of time. If I'm willing to wait until I can get the game in my hands anyway, I suppose the wait due to missing (laugh) the first wave of availability isn't a problem either. There is nothing normal to me about waiting months for a pre-order. It's a bad system for consumers and should be eliminated.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CAN I KICKSTART THIS YET
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir_Alex wrote:
As usual, it's disappointing.

...

There is nothing normal to me about waiting months for a pre-order.

Is it usual/normal, or not?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir_Alex wrote:
curtc wrote:
Given that it's "as usual", it's not really that disappointing.


I suppose you have lower standards than I do. As usual, it's disappointing.


I think you are missing the irony that if something is "usual" in your mind then that would be the normal standard of something.

Sir_Alex wrote:
curtc wrote:
The reason to pre-order is that for some popular games, you have to pre-order or else you miss the first wave of availability. Some sites also offer discounts for pre-ordering. For these reasons, the vast majority of games I order are pre-orders. Waiting months is completely normal.


I'm a bit more frugal with my money. When I pay for goods or services, I prefer to utilize them in a relatively reasonable amount of time. If I'm willing to wait until I can get the game in my hands anyway, I suppose the wait due to missing (laugh) the first wave of availability isn't a problem either. There is nothing normal to me about waiting months for a pre-order. It's a bad system for consumers and should be eliminated.


The irony here again is your argument is you are being "more frugal" buy PAYING MORE than possible pre-order discounts mentioned as being available because you can wait. Sounds like you are just "more patient" than "frugal".

Anyway, I find people are unhappy when companies won't announce a release date and then unhappy when they announce one and then can't make it by that date. I get anxious and excited for new games all the time when sometimes I need to remind myself there is plenty of other games to play while waiting for my cheaper pre-order to finally arrive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ansari
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Sir_Alex wrote:
As usual, it's disappointing.

...

There is nothing normal to me about waiting months for a pre-order.

Is it usual/normal, or not?


Is this the discussion you want to have? It isn't normal, for me, to consistently set aside money sight unseen for products that I can't expect to have for several months. It's disappointing that that publishers continue to goad people into doing so. Does this make sense now?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ansari
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrranch wrote:
I think you are missing the irony that if something is "usual" in your mind then that would be the normal standard of something.


It's normally disappointing. I'm not sure where I made the implication that it wasn't.

mrranch wrote:
The irony here again is your argument is you are being "more frugal" buy PAYING MORE than possible pre-order discounts mentioned as being available because you can wait. Sounds like you are just "more patient" than "frugal".

Anyway, I find people are unhappy when companies won't announce a release date and then unhappy when they announce one and then can't make it by that date. I get anxious and excited for new games all the time when sometimes I need to remind myself there is plenty of other games to play while waiting for my cheaper pre-order to finally arrive.


The point being that I don't have the discretionary income to set aside on things that I won't be able to use or enjoy for months. Additionally, I haven't seen any discounts for pre-ordering on any of the sites that I use so it's a bit subjective. So I have to be a bit more economical with how I spend money. Curt may not have that issue. Patience isn't exactly it because in both cases the term could apply.

Now that the semantics have been debated, pre-ordering often leads to one customer having a different game than another due to promos or expansion material. More importantly, it's a way for companies to snag sales before any reviews can be seen or read. It leads to a situation where publishers are under no obligation to provide the game as people expect it. They've already got the money so as long as they ship something, it's considered good. While I don't see this problem as much with board gaming yet, it's done quite a job on video games. I advise people to stop pre-ordering. Just get the game when it's available and spend time playing some of the thousands of excellent games that are already out. It's up to the publishers to make quality games.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir_Alex wrote:
It isn't normal, for me, to consistently set aside money sight unseen for products that I can't expect to have for several months.

Well, it's normal for people who do pre-order games. If you don't normally do that, it's not surprising, I guess, that you're disappointed. But for those of us who do pre-order regularly, it's not particularly disappointing, because we understand that it's hard to accurately predict availability dates, especially when we're talking about international delivery. But I certainly would agree with your recommendation of not pre-ordering if money is super tight. But then again, I'd question one's purchase of games at all. They are, after all, a luxury good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ansari
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Sir_Alex wrote:
It isn't normal, for me, to consistently set aside money sight unseen for products that I can't expect to have for several months.

Well, it's normal for people who do pre-order games. If you don't normally do that, it's not surprising, I guess, that you're disappointed. But for those of us who do pre-order regularly, it's not particularly disappointing, because we understand that it's hard to accurately predict availability dates, especially when we're talking about international delivery. But I certainly would agree with your recommendation of not pre-ordering if money is super tight. But then again, I'd question one's purchase of games at all. They are, after all, a luxury good.


I'm not recommending that people stop pre-ordering due to lack of money. I'm recommending they stop pre-ordering regardless. How people spend their discretionary income is up to them, but in my view, pre-ordering is anti-consumer.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.