Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow the Empires of the Void II path to Kickstarter glory!

SGs met:
40K - 8 new event cards
60K - Spot UV on the box
80K - 8 new event cards
100K - 20 (!) new attribute cards
125K - Cloth goods bag
150K - 8 new pages for designer diary
170K - World ship miniatures
180K - Mini cards upgraded to Euro sized cards with illustrations
200K - 22"x33" board replaces system tile
230K - 10 more attribute cardS

SGs that will be met:
250K - 8 new event cards
280K - New planet (Corzar)
300K - Revealed at 250K
325K - Revealed at 280K
350K - Revealed at 300K

edit: updated $230K SG...Final 48!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual of Orange Nebula
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dying to know what these unrevealed goals are!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Coulter
Canada
Fraser Valley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
Woah! Nostradamus over here assuaging all our fears! (instead of, you know, ranting about the end of the world)

Let's hope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super excited about the new event cards for each planet. That will make each game so different an can create some awesome elements. I'd love to see a dev kit so we can build our own cards and player boards. Gloomhaven released one and seemed to really benefit.

My guess for stretch goals: a new playable race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieDad2 wrote:
Super excited about the new event cards for each planet. That will make each game so different an can create some awesome elements. I'd love to see a dev kit so we can build our own cards and player boards. Gloomhaven released one and seemed to really benefit.

My guess for stretch goals: a new playable race.

New playable race...I would &$@& with joy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
man Rising sun has ripped the guts out of this campaign shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mick_whyte wrote:

How? The campaign didn't miss a beat when it launched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mick_whyte wrote:

LOL, 735% funded is having its guts ripped out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Rising Sun is its own beast. I for one am backing this and not that, I'm sure other people are doing the opposite or backing both, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that games existence is hurting this one. This is a solid, well produced, very appealing game made by one of the industries most exciting designers.

Those big mini games will always make piles of money, but I have come around on the notion that they don't take all the air out of the room. I think a game as good as this will always find its audience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
..... This is one of Ryan Laukets most anticipated games. We have been waiting for it since EOTV went out of print.

Now Ryan's last campaign Near and Far KS'd for $520,000. Considering Red Ravens reputation it should just be growing this should have easily made that or more, but I reckon it will be lucky to hit its final stretch goals.

Another good example is Islebound it KS'd during the Scythe, Gloomhaven and 7th Continent KS period. It made $80,000 barely unlocking any stretch goals.

Sure it hasn't lost money but its not even in the hotness anymore. Also another thing is likely the target audience (4x gamers)have probably recently bought Scythe and possibly Gloomhaven so they can only afford 1 and Rising Sun's mega amounts of KS exclusives vs a few metal coins and an art book just can't stand up to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Secrest
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't think anyone can deny that very recent and current KS campaigns are having an adverse effect but your colorfully worded post goes a bit beyond that. If EotV II barely funded reaching 1 or two SGs then I expect your comment would not have drawn any attention?

Mick_whyte wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AccidentalCultist wrote:
I really don't think anyone can deny that very recent and current KS campaigns are having an adverse effect but your colorfully worded post goes a bit beyond that. If EotV II barely funded reaching 1 or two SGs then I expect your comment would not have drawn any attention?

Mick_whyte wrote:

Especially since the day RS began has been one of the campaign's best days...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The target audience isn't 4x gamers. If anything that misconception is hurting it.

Near and Far rode the momentum of being a quick sequel to Above and Below, a game fresh in people minds and close enough in style that it met people's preconceived notions.

I think Empires has more to offer the Near and Far crowd than it does a typical 4x gamer, but the initial campaign didn't make that clear.

The game was on kickstarter for several weeks before Rising Sun hit and he pledge counts were basically identical after Rising Sun launched. Zero change, if anything they showed a minor increase

I think the Q&A is the first time the game has been accurately described to large groups of potential customers, and immediately you see excitement growing.

Projects' trajectory are their own making. This project is no different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the Q and A helped a lot. People were wanting more planets (and may still get them) but now it seems more events will really give the game variety and replayabilty. Now that, people see it more as a space adventure area control game, I'm hoping we get more backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Only good thing about RS imo are the minis. I will choose this game over that one any day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm supporting three Kickstarters right now: EotV2, Rising Sun, and Corporate America..but, this is the game I'm following the closest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieDad2 wrote:
Yeah, I'm supporting three Kickstarters right now: EotV2, Rising Sun, and Corporate America..but, this is the game I'm following the closest.

Busy time for me, too. In addition to Empires of the Void II, I'm also backing Food Truck Champion, Rising Sun and Champions of Midgard: The Dark Mountains/Champions of Midgard: Valhalla. Also, tomorrow I plan on adding to my Baseball Highlights: 2045 collection with their Spring Training campaign (new expansions and a big box!).

Happy to see EotVII continue to add 50-60 new backers a day. I think we'll hit the $200K goal by the end of the week, and with so many awesome changes throughout the campaign, this is really going to surge in the Final 48.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Trash
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
ZombieDad2 wrote:

Busy time for me, too. In addition to Empires of the Void II, I'm also backing Food Truck Champion, Rising Sun and Champions of Midgard: The Dark Mountains/Champions of Midgard: Valhalla. Also, tomorrow I plan on adding to my Baseball Highlights: 2045 collection with their Spring Training campaign (new expansions and a big box!).

Happy to see EotVII continue to add 50-60 new backers a day. I think we'll hit the $200K goal by the end of the week, and with so many awesome changes throughout the campaign, this is really going to surge in the Final 48.

I hope so. I want it all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated to show the $230K attribute/Empir cards achieved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So excited to see those event cards unlock. That's like....MORE event cards!! Given how neat and impactful the events are it's definitely not a small boost in content and replay value to have more events.

In fact in some respect that's the most exciTing thing about the next goal too (the planet): even more events!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.