Hide
4 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spawning enemies in previous room rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam S
msg tools
I just played a scenario where enemies spawned in the starting room after springing traps in a side room. Two questions:

1) Placement: I assume you can choose where to place figures after the indicated hex is filled, trying to place them as close to that hex as possible. But I could see some issues if there are lots of obstacles and other figures so I was wondering if there is clarification on that?

2) Activation: Do they activate just as they would if you were revealing a new room? As in, do they draw a card if there isn't one already for them and do they take their action after the current turn if their initiative has already past?

I didn't see anything about this kind of spawning in the rule book and did a search of the forums and FAQ and didn't see it, but my apologies if its been answered already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 34

Spawning: When a monster is spawned, it is set up on the map at its spawning location or the nearest empty hex to that location. If a monster is spawned at the end of a round, it will begin to activate on the following round. If a monster is spawned during a round, it activates as if it had just been revealed (see Revealing a Room on p. 19 for details)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S
msg tools
Thanks, totally missed that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are pretty good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.